Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Surely...I知 okay to have a drink now?...After all this time sober!...Weekenders 21 - 24 June 2019

Notices

Surely...I知 okay to have a drink now?...After all this time sober!...Weekenders 21 - 24 June 2019

Old 06-26-2019, 11:25 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Felt like I was walking through treacle yesterday, my mind was blurry and that f*** button was looming. I knew I was in a danger zone. Glad I posted/vented and got some much needed support. Thank you. It certainly helped. I also went for a long country walk to try and calm myself. Think I got overwhelmed. See what today brings.

Sharpy sorry you have had a slip. Hope you hang around here for support and chat.

Bim good luck with the job hunting today.

Vman hope your bearing up in the heat, must be exhausting.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:26 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Lovely morning here in the North and supposed to get quite warm today which will be a welcome break from the rain. Funny you should mention equanimity Willow and thanks for the reminder of that word! When I was at rehab there was a very wise Thai man in the staff called Vinny who was an alcoholic but turned his life around. He was amazing to talk to and quite similar I imagine to Dee in the way. he handled himself and the always wise and kind advice he would give. Anyhow, he said that for me personally, he felt my life’s journey was about equanimity and achieving it, that this was the key for me to become happy and boy was he right!

It’s not easy and I don’t always succeed but I am getting better at at lol

Hope you had a good sleep Kaily and feeling a little better x

Good to see you Sharpy x
Old 06-26-2019, 11:35 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, keep close, I hope today is better for you.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:21 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Weekenders

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ly-2019-a.html (How could I possibly be happy without booze? Weekenders 28 June - 01 July 2019)