Notices

Day 28

Old 06-08-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 28

I'm not sure how I feel. I definitely have a lot of anxiety about pretty much everything. But I know that if I ever take a drink again, it will only lead to misery. There are brief moments where I entertain the idea of having a drink or sneaking a drink on a Saturday or something and using Sunday to recover... but that will never work. I'll wake up hungover and anxious and I'll find a way to get more. Then I won't get to work on Monday. Then I'll lose my job. Then, then, then... emergency room, detox, and ultimately I'll just spiral into the abyss.

I suppose tomorrow will be day 29. And on day 30, I'll go to work. And just maybe on day X some day down the road, I'll look back and think, "Man, I sure am happy I didn't take that drink..."

One thing is for certain; there have been no unfortunate Facebook messages or text messages in the past 28 days ... and I am employed. Onward to another day. Good night, SR. See ya tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

28 days is great TWTOM but still pretty early in the scheme of things - I hope, and expect, you'll feel better on day 60 and day 90 and beyond

D
Old 06-08-2019, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Thatwas. I've had a few moments in the past few days of wanting to drink too. I'm in bed now and happy that I didn't.

Keep at it for just one day and then the next and then the next . . .
Old 06-08-2019, 08:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job on 28 days! I know it's not easy for you right now. Keep going.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
One thing is for certain; there have been no unfortunate Facebook messages or text messages in the past 28 days ... and I am employed. Onward to another day. Good night, SR. See ya tomorrow.
2 awesome things to wake up to! And not having to concoct some stupid story to explain the facebook and text activity, or actually have to follow through on some of the plans/promises we make in that state just so we don't get called out for making them when we were drunk.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"There are brief moments where I entertain the idea of having a drink or sneaking a drink on a Saturday or something and using Sunday to recover"

me too.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is the battle...the thoughts of drinking....but it seems you have thought it thru...I hope today you find yourself busy enough to keep your mind from wandering into the thoughts of abyss....

Congratulations on 28 days...and the thoughts have already come to me on 11 days....its such a struggle...but if I keep really busy and look at the clock and I make it to 7pm I'm safe....

Busy, busy and EAT alot today.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on nearly a month sober! Keep going, it will get better.