Notices

Poor - Can't Afford Food

Old 05-23-2019, 12:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
I don't even want to go to work.
I mean, I work my *** off for what? To remain one emergency away from homelessness?

This is what happens when you're a complete failure in a society built around capitalism. Something doesn't go your way and you're stuck. Everything goes your way, and you criticize those less fortunate than you and blame their situation on them.

America sucks.
Whoa whoa whoa....if I was my old therapist I'd say...
"That's your addiction talking bub".

I don't know about you but self pity is my biggest trigger and surest path back to the bottle. Let me go grab some Jack and lie out on some train tracks cuz there's just no point.

We can get ourselves into some real messes by answering whatever ails us with the drink. You can't afford food? How did you get alcohol? You need to eat. Eggs are cheap and chock full of nutrients.

You are fully capable of survival. We all are. You gotta get that negativity in check though.... it's a slippery gawddamn slope.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Many, MANY food pantries are open for those that just need some extra help. No requirements or strings attached. Please don't give up on yourself, find something to fight for.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Call the student loan company, if it’s federal loans you are eligible for income contingent repayment. They can only take 10% of your disposable income. I owe a lot, more than I’d bring home in two years, I too do not care for my field, but I’ll work it and build on my skills to go into another area in my degree field. All the little things in life, the hassles and burdens will only get better bit by bit when I got sober. Be grateful for what you do have, somebody in this world would give anything to trade places with you. I agree with others about seeking some help for how you are feeling. Getting sober, it will all work out one baby step, phone call, appointment, interview, at a time.