Notices

Wish I could go back how dumb have I been

Old 05-08-2019, 03:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi eve - fear can be very powerful - but don;t lose yourself in mights and coulds.

You're doing everything you can now to stay sober and to be a good parent.

Despite all the mights maybes and coulds you can conjure up (and we all can do that) whats you're doing right now WILL count for you, not against you.

Keep it up

wishing you the best for a good outcome

D
Old 05-10-2019, 01:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thabks everybody. The anxiety is better today not having much luck with my sponsor she’s not well so unable to help me. Tried contacting another long term sober Aa but didn’t get reply. I do have friends in the fellowship and they like this site have been supportive. Here’s to another sober day
Old 05-10-2019, 02:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So good to read your last post. One thing you can be sure, if there are children involved, drinking is NEVER going to help.

You sounded so alone, so scared.

It is hard to face what we have done, especially the impact on our children.

But the only way out is through. If you can do one thing for your kids, don't drink. Time will then have the chance to heal. Drinking takes that away. I love this by Maya Angelou 'I did then what I knew how to do, now I know better, I do better'.

So not drinking won't solve everything right away, but drinking certainly will make a solution impossible.

I know what I did to my girls. It pains me to think about. I can never make that right. But I have given them the gift of a sober mom to help balance the scales. That I can do. Like Mary said, I can do better.

You can do this. For yourself. For them.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad the anxiety has eased up a bit, eve. You'll go through many phases as you heal. You're doing great.