Notices

I know it’s my fault, but it still hurts

Old 05-05-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
Is your husband drinking? It sounds awful, you say you’re okay but probably not. Kids to turn on you, violent husband..... get a plan and get out. Those kids are old enough, and that husband can throw remotes by himself. I feel they are kicking you while you’re down. You don’t need that abuse. Even if you messed up badly, you are trying to get better. You need love and support right now. Can you go stay with family, non drinking preferably? You must take care of you right now. Oh and the husband bringing the kids into an argument like that was a low blow and sick on his part.
thanks Mariposa, of course you are right and I am not ok. It was a low blow and I am really hurt. It’s my birthday tomorrow and was supposed to be a wonderful day, but will be the worst. Yes he drinks too, I don’t know if he would do it if he wasn’t, but I am past caring about what ifs at this stage. I am just not sure how to handle this situation.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mariposa, so sorry that this is happening to you! You’re not sure what to do now? One, don’t ever drink again - you’ve seen first hand where alcohol takes us. Two, start working on a plan how to get out of this situation.
People on this board have seen it all - I’m sure you will get plenty of support! You will get through this!
Old 05-05-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi mako, glad you posted, no need for an apology, just glad you are ok.

I hope you will keep posting here, so many helpful people in this forum and on this site.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi guys, thank you so much again for your support. It really means a lot
Old 05-05-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I will say it if nobody else has, bringing the kids into it is the pattern of an abuser. Par for the course, I bet he is Mr. wonderful to everyone he knows but you.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Action View Post
I will say it if nobody else has, bringing the kids into it is the pattern of an abuser. Par for the course, I bet he is Mr. wonderful to everyone he knows but you.
This is true. It is also a very cowardly act. I'm so sorry you are hurting.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How are you? I hope well, stay strong. Don’t let them bring u down