Old 04-13-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Bitchen!
Old 04-13-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congratulations! And thank YOU.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:46 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Less, I have actually been looking forward to this post for quite some time. You have been a huge inspiration to me, and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm closing in on three months, and I know that I'm going to succeed this time. I couldn't be happier for you, and I want you to know that the way you have shared your journey, the highs and the lows, has made a difference. Congratulations, my friend!
Old 04-13-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

My biggest inspiration here are the people like you. Hearing about how great sobriety is...day 2, day 10, 1 month etc...have been the biggest sources of hope and have kept me on track. There is so much life out there to live and I truly love hearing about everyone who have hit milestones and are living a better life. This site has been a lifesaver for me and I am so grateful.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Accord1 View Post
Hey lg was wondering how the meeting went. I know you’re not a big aa guy, neither am I. I was thinking of going to one myself.
My experience going to AA meetings has always been the same - incredibly welcoming, stocked with plenty of very interesting people trying to do the right thing. I always end up with a real appreciation for the people who make it a practice. That said, it's just not something I do - personal reasons having to do with time as much as anything, not that deep.

And it was great to be there today and share. I go to an Agnostic group when I do go, and it's very refreshing. I spoke about being a year + 1 day and was met with only the most open congratulations and encouragement. It was a new thing for me to be a person at an AA meeting that others were trying to achieve.

Anyhow I spoke for a minute about being a father - and I broke up in some tears - and how, for the first time in my life maybe - I feel like I have the authority to tell my kid to clean the dishes. Kind of a joke - but not really. Until now, when I was living my life in the LIES that saturate a drunk's life I never believed I had the moral/spiritual/honest authority to ask anything from anyone else. Who was I to tell him to finish his homework as I snuck gulps of wine in my closet? Sigh.

Feels good to be an example, something I couldn't have imagined myself believing about my self years ago.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Less, I have actually been looking forward to this post for quite some time. You have been a huge inspiration to me, and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm closing in on three months, and I know that I'm going to succeed this time. I couldn't be happier for you, and I want you to know that the way you have shared your journey, the highs and the lows, has made a difference. Congratulations, my friend!
This post and other sentiment from some others on this site effects me in such a deep way it's hard for me to put into words exactly. So many people on this site helped me get to where I am now, to think I might be doing the same for others here is just fking awesome.

Thank you for your words too CP - I always loved your Solitude post. It's a real privilege to be walking this road with you. And everyone here.