Notices

Help

Old 04-06-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Help

Help again. I’m having a really terrible day my anxiety is sky high depressed thoughts and feelings of doom and hoplessness and the fear is back. I don’t want to pick up but av has been so quiet of late then boom this morning woke up feeling terrible. Av is screaming but I really really really cannot cope with another day one or week one. Feel like a lost soul today and need some support. I’m keeping busy cleaning etc and a walk but feel so disconnected from reality and av is telling me I would feel normal again if I just have a few. God knows what will happen if I do how I would feel etc so trying so hard to get through this day. Hate this illness 5 weeks on Monday after many relapses I can’t go back I just can’t but I can’t cope with this gloom either Help please
Old 04-06-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

[QUOTE=eve123;7159051]
Help again. I’m having a really terrible day my anxiety is sky high depressed thoughts and feelings of doom and hoplessness and the fear is back. I don’t want to pick up but av has been so quiet of late then boom this morning woke up feeling terrible. Av is screaming but I really really really cannot cope with another day one or week one. Feel like a lost soul today and need some support. I’m keeping busy cleaning etc and a walk but feel so disconnected from reality and av is telling me I would feel normal again if I just have a few. God knows what will happen if I do how I would feel etc so trying so hard to get through this day. Hate this illness 5 weeks on Monday after many relapses I can’t go back I just can’t but I can’t cope with this gloom either Help please
[/QUOTE

Hi Eve, I’m sorry your having a hard day and glad you posted and playing the tape through. 5 weeks is awesome, be proud of yourself! be kind to yourself today, thinking of you
Old 04-06-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wake up with fear some mornings too.

I think part of it is the morning cortisol effect. Part of it is that I have things I need to do and I've been procrastinating. In early sobriety it's difficult but the thoughts do subside. The only way to wellness is to work on it.

Continuous sobriety is the only way. Playing the tape all the way through helped me. Exercise and a healthy meal plan is super important.

You're doing great. This feeling will pass, and you'll be very glad you didn't drink. There is nothing that cannot be made worse by adding alcohol. Just sit with it, it will move on.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I speak only for myself.

I don't know if you're an AA person or not. I am, and what I did in early sobriety was get to a meeting and talk with other alcoholics who had been through the same thing. At the end of the meeting, my sanity had returned and the obsession to drink was gone.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanls for the post. Im going through the exact same thing.

Its awul and I finally got back into bed, turned on the TV and tried to breathe.

We can let this pass. No need to freak out and start stuffing with alcohol.

Remember to BREATHE.

All will be well
Old 04-06-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thank you all still feeling terrible av screaming etc head not right at all. Praying for tomorrow to come and some relief this is just a rubbish way to feel. You all understand that helps but boy do I want to change the way I feel right now. Doom gloom and racing heart n head. Out of the blue didn’t expect this today. Will hang on another hour
Old 04-06-2019, 09:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Eve, are there any activities that usually relax you? Taking a bath? Watching a movie? I'd try to do something that gives me release and relaxation for a bit and when I'm out of m anxiety tail-spin I could assess where I'm at.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you feeling now Eve?

D
Old 04-06-2019, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

İ know that feeling. What i do about that is drinkinh lot of water, sleeping.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Five weeks is great! Don''t throw it away. This crappy feeling will pass. It does get better.