Notices

Stupid Sentimental Post Still Drinking

Old 03-22-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stupid Sentimental Post Still Drinking

I miss being legitimately part of SoberRecovery, also AA. I actually miss the people I got to semi-know in ten or so meetings in three weeks at the latter but feel like a fraud to go back 'cause I'm still drinking.

I also feel like I'm not an alkie and that I'm just lonely and am looking for any kind of community. I really am that pathetically lonely.

I'm still awake at 6:30am in England it's true but only 'cause I was up all night waiting for my housemates to get in when I knew they'd wake me up anyway (they did finally get in and, as I predicted, very loudly, at 4am).

That is all.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Tetrax,

I think there's a great test for guys like you and me, whether you're an alcoholic/problem drinker/binger/ whatever you want to call it, or not.

Stop drinking now. Don't drink again. If you have trouble doing that, you're of my kind.

Forget all the yeah buts - go back and read your posts before you went back to your folks place.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but you're not any kind of normal drinker Tet.

I think you know that now.

I also think you know exactly what to do to make things better now.

Why not cut out all the oncoming crud and quit again today?

Quit drinking. Repeat every day until its part of your DNA.
Use things like AA if you need the help.

D
Old 03-22-2019, 11:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YEAH BUT! Touche...
Old 03-22-2019, 11:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

On the plus side I don't think you are a fraud.

You may want to attempt to put down that bottle and join us more frequently

I hope today is that day!
Old 03-23-2019, 12:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

we all had yeah buts....me included Tetrax.
They tend to dissipate when we stop fuelling them with alcohol tho

D
Old 03-23-2019, 12:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
we all had yeah buts....me included Tetrax.
They tend to dissipate when we stop fuelling them with alcohol tho

D
I know you're right
I know it
I just gotta stop pouring alcohol
Down my goddamn gullet

Well ok I made a drunken poem of sorts out of the madness, just gotta actually listen...
Old 03-23-2019, 12:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tetrax I thought I was lonely at one point, and that my life would always be that way, because no one would want to hang out with me because I wasn’t good enough. But actually...that was the drink. I was isolating myself from everyone, and imagining things that weren’t real about what people thought about me, and hen getting smashed on my own. I started battling the addiction a year ago, and have had a few relapses, but I’m now 28 days in and already can see the difference it’s having on my relationships with my friends and my family. I live alone but being sober I remember stuff they tell me, I’m more awake and alert and can speak to and visit them more often as I can get up and out of my flat, I’ve stopped thinking about myself so much and show more interest in their lives, I’m using the money I was spending on booze to organise fun trips to watch comedy or plays with people. I think overall alcohol just distorts your reality. Well it did for me anyway. And what I thought about my loneliness was actually a situation caused by myself, and insecurities caused by drinking. People were there, and they were loving and caring, but I didn’t want to be with them because ultimately I preferred getting hammered alone in my flat and the AV turned me against them so it could enable the drinking more. Anyway, best of luck. I love SR and come here everyday, so do keep posting as everyone’s posts help me a lot!!