Notices

Please offer advice guys

Old 03-17-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please offer advice guys

Hi guys

I am three days sober today but ....

i drank ink three days ago as I had to go look after my mother as she had a four day drinking binge. I found. A bottle of wine down hers and continued to drink. The next day she came down mine

today she is feeling better and was really abusive to me again. So I told her to leave.

i an totally alone . This is the point I usually start to drink and go back to my abusive ex boyfriend. And things spiral .

This is time I have not brought drink online . I am alone but to get well I need to stay away from alcohol and toxic people. And to continue to focus on studying with open university online

i suffer with with borderline personality disorder, agoraphobia, anxiety depression and body dismorphic disorder.

I have a car for company but she needs to go to the vets for injections but I’m agoraphobic.

I also have a ave a domestic abuse support worker but she wants me to go to meetings but I feel that I have to drink in order to go.

Im lying in bed now . I wanted to post so I don’t feel alone. I have been alcohol dependent for nearly four years.

Please give me me some advice guys x

Tod
Old 03-17-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure what kind of advice I can give but I'm glad you came here. Wishing you support and wellness. I know many anxieties get much worse when drinking so stopping is a start.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We have to look after ourselves first and foremost in early sobriety. You can't look after your mother until you can look after yourself. Like the oxygen mask thing.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Hollydoll View Post
[left]
i suffer with with borderline personality disorder, agoraphobia, anxiety depression and body dismorphic disorder.
My advice? See a professional for the mental issues, and find support for the drinking.

If your anxiety and agoraphobia has never kept you from acquiring alcohol, don't let it keep you from acquiring sobriety.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have a LOT going on there, and there is no question that you will need outside assistance to get things going better for you. You can choose not to drink, as it will complicate all the other issues you face and keep you from being able to confront them rationally.

Based upon what you write, I am inferring that you are in the U.K., so I don't know if there is an agency that you can go to to help coordinate your needs. In my case I was able to get assistance from a single point of presence for my physical, addiction, and mental health ailments at once source, and that was very helpful to me. If some service like that is available to you in the NHS apparatus, I would seek it out, or at least on your own try to get the appropriate appointments you need lined up quickly and share your experiences among your providers. It sounds like an advocate would be a good thing to have to help make sure that you are following through on your needs.

I concur that the first thing you need to do is to look after yourself before trying to take on the overhead of aiding somebody else. When you are down, your are down, so try to get things moving for you as a primary response to your situation. There is some other way your mother can deal with her own issues now.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, much to think about.
Thank you for that.