Notices

1st day of IOP

Old 02-26-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st day of IOP

I had my first IOP meeting last night. It went pretty well. There were about 12 in the group session and everyone knew each other except me. I was the new guy. It was fine though as I don't really give a crap about stuff like that now - I just want to get better. A lot of them had gone through in patient with each other and were quite close.
There were a couple of exercises that got me a little out of my comfort zone but that was ok.
There was a lot of open talk and everyone talked freely without much reservation which was good. Actually a lot of the folks that did in patient said they missed it and a few of them that were getting close to the end of IOP said they were trying to extend their time because they liked it so much.
All and all I think its going to be really good for me. The people in there are really nice and pretty funny.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad that you think the IOP will help you. Good for you for taking action to help yourself.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I always found it comforting to be surrounded
by others just like me. Those who have been there,
done many of the same similar things as I when
under the influence of a controlled substance
like alcohol.

When others in recovery who are paving
the way for me in recovery to follow, giving
me hope to remain sober day after day, then that
to me is truly inspiring and helpful.

Your own experiences, strengths and hopes
is helping other more than you realize.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A solid start
Old 02-26-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations for doing the right thing, for you and you're very life. Very inspiring.
It must have been a little hard being the new guy, but I hope it clicks with the others in the group so you feel at ease and at home there.
Here's a big pat on the back for you for your bravery and overcoming your fears, if you had any.
Best to you and keep goin back!
Old 02-27-2019, 12:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you liked it fintime

D
Old 02-27-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Night 2 was good. I'm not going to post after ever one but I wanted to update after a few just in case anyone out there was contemplating similar treatment and had any reservation.

I had a one on one tonight and it was ok. Nothing earth shattering but everytime I hear myself talk about the chaos it helps me with my determination to never go back.

This place I am going is evidently one of few places that treat gambling addiction. They have a joint meeting with the IOP and a GA meeting for an hour. I was very interesting seeing the parallels between gambling addiction and alcoholism. Plus those guys were really funny. It was an open meeting so many of the people who have gone through the IOP program for addiction come back for the meeting. I am still the new guy but I can tell over time I will become part of their "family".

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I did my 21 day inpatient rehab we were exposed to gambling, sex and food addictions as well. It was interesting to see the similarities whatever our go to is. Rehab changed my life. Only 111 days clean today but its the longest I have ever been since my teens. I like sobriety taht much now that intend to just keep going 👍😎❤️