Notices

Backwards thinking

Old 01-09-2019, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Backwards thinking

Hello SR, I’m on day 6 and completely exhausted. Even small tasks are difficult for me. I went through extreme stress and extreme partying for a few months, took a break, then many more weeks of extreme stress and partying. Now I’m without confidence or motivation. I am making it to the gym almost daily this week and resting a lot.

My dad is on me to get a job, hit the ground running. I can’t, I don’t want to tell him about my addiction. I’m in a profession where clients rely on me to be 100% , so I don’t want to interview this week, maybe next week.

Last night it hit me that through all this big life change I expected once I get settled in, employment, and organized in my new life then I will be okay. But that’s backwards. I need to first be okay before anything else can be okay in my life. So I’m taking time to get myself better before I can even contemplate more obligations. An inpatient rehab with counseling would be best but I don’t have the resources, my rehab is on here and at home with Netflix on my couch.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I like this when I saw it x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fall in to place small.jpg (39.7 KB, 90 views)
Old 01-09-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are here. Lots of support and understanding- and even better than Netflix, available 24/7 AND interactive

You can do this.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

That a great insight Mariposa

D
Old 01-09-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is a great insight. Let yourself heal before taking on too much, is what I'd recommend.
You seem to be on the right track, now just don't drink and things will fall into place for you.
Best wishes.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mariposa, you have done a proper evaluation, IMO, and that's what I did. Before I could go back to working I had to get myself onto a better track, and that meant quitting the alcohol and addressing other important aspects needed for my recovery to begin and to continue. Now I've been back at work and am doing so with confidence and enjoyment more than I had than when I used the booze. Carry it forward for yourself, and your being here is a help to others, too. Nicely thought out.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In my experience, 6 days in is a rough patch. Hang in there. Netflix has been a great resource for me as well. That and SR