https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0844cda50dee5
Old 12-10-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Powerful stuff.

there but for the grace of God.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good story, and a great reminder that I could have easily have been him, multiple times. Kind of a punch in the gut to think that.

Seems like around here these kind of accidents happen almost every weekend, and so preventable. A young man in his early 20's went off the road not too far from here about a month ago and hit ( and killed ) 3 girl scouts and one of their adult leaders who were picking up trash on the side of the highway. He was drunk and huffing and fled the scene after it happened. He even proceeded to hide his car in a garage and go off to another party while the EMT"s were picking up the dead bodies on the side of the road. Police followed a trail of fluid leaking from his car to the garage he hid it.

And that's not an uncommon story - people die every single day because of the poor choices made by those under the influence.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm actually shocked that that hasn't been me. Its been close to being me that is for sure!
Old 12-11-2018, 01:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nobody died , but I hit a bunch of parked cars one night , my passenger was hurt but thank fully recovered, that could just as easily be me , and worse again after some time I drove again , got caught with 2 nd dui and again with a 3 rd dui , thankfully I was banned but got my license back (which is crazy) and just last June after vowing I'd Never Ever drink drive again, I drove again drunk , got away with it but it was a big shock to me , gave me a big push to finally quit , I knew then I'd no word no anything, got a shock reading that. I hit cars , he hit people that's only diff between his story and mine.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is a great article. It serves as a reminder of how serious it is to drive under the influence, and also as an inspiration that you can turn your life around in matter what has happened. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for that article. It shows just how dangerous drinker driving is.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

My biggest 'yet' that keeps me from drinking ever again is "I never got got a DUI. Or worse."

Which is miracle. Not pushing my luck.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, thanks for the article.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I live not too far from the incident Scott mentioned with the girl scouts. Just devastating. And when it happened, and we found out he was under the influence, I was brought right back to my DUI's (3) and how lucky I was that no one ever got hurt. I hit a parked car on the last one and totaled it - my car was almost totaled but I was 100% fine. That was the last time I had a drink. The wake-up call I needed. I will never, ever take that chance again.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I felt sick to the stomach reading this. I drunk drove many times. Thank you God that I never killed anyone. I am even more grateful now than ever to be sober. I will never, ever risk anyone's life including mine by driving drunk again.