Notices

19 days...

Old 11-25-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

19 days...

19 days and coming up in 20. I’ve had a few cravings, but they seem more situational than chemical. I’ve made it through by posting here, playing the tape all the way through, and cost benefit analysis considering what I have to lose which is nothing more than everything.

i wish I were a year out already and the dust had settled with my spouse. I feel that he resents my happiness and doesn’t forgive me for all of my BS shenanigans that have no doubt hurt him. I’m trying to keep my side of the street clean and recognize that I can change history and I can’t change the truth. I can only more forward on a quest for a healthier life.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

i wish I were a year out already and the dust had settled with my spouse.
I think most of us wish that at some point but I learned and grew so much in that first year - don't wish away the journey cos that's the best part, even if it doesn't seem like that now.

People have their own timetables for forgiveness and regaining trust - try and be patient - all we can do is the next right thing

D
Old 11-26-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great effort SNP! You sound like you have a good attitude and understanding of your situation and that is a fantastic start. I agree with Dee, don't wish away the journey. I am I at 6 months and whilst I have had a few really uncomfortable (sober) meltdowns and frustrations I can look back now and I am so glad to be able to see the progress I have made month by month. This is the most exciting part, learning about yourself again and building your own confidence, making good decisions regularly and seeing how much life improves with more balance and less drama. It really is a beautiful thing.

As for forgiveness from others, everyone takes their own amount of time to get to this point and some may never get there. Don't let that knock you off the path you have chosen for yourself. We have no control over people, places and things and acceptance of that is the key to moving on and being confident in you and your sobriety.

Keep up the good work! xx
Old 11-26-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A few typos in there and I can’t edit. Meant to say I CAN’T change history!!!

thanks for the good feedback.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

19 days is fantastic and I'm glad you're doing well. Have faith that your husband will forgive you, but it may take some time. I was in the same situation when I stopped drinking and I know for sure, all you can do is stay sober and be the best you can be.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

19 days is great. Keep doing your thing and he will probably come around and even if he doesn't you still have to keep moving forward for yourself.