Notices

I think i know how it works

Old 11-15-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think i know how it works

Hello kind people . Last time i promised myself never drink again and i m.committed. Today i sorted another difficult meeting gathered information and relax . And in this moment of relax first time i heard the voice ...you did well under pressure ...why not have couple of beers. My God obviously i removed this thought ...first: its poison, second: i started sleeping better, third: it would mess up my stress and neurotransmitters more, fourth i do not smoke and drinking would bring up smoking, fith : what the hell are you thinking about ...are you crazy ...sixth : integrity. And as you see integrity that is most important was the last reasoning ...this is how brains wants to realise the tension . This is how we relapse. I did not . Its early days . I m more aware now to avoid also dating with people who drink in early recovery . I see it could be trigger. Of course i m not dating but i had opportunity and already saw red light. Nope . If spending time at begining only with sober folks . Well its reflection on thoughts and before any action . If i respect myself i m doing what i am commited to . It is gonna be easier later i recon . Well i think main trigger of thought is me being PMT it was always beer to realise tension even before my binging . I bet ladies know what i mean. i m not drinking and going to drink plenty of water instead . Not drinking as life long life style and choice .God Bless x D
Old 11-15-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep. Integrity. Not to anyone or anything really, but to the person looking back in the mirror.

Stay sober for yourself. You deserve it. The other benefits come along for the ride...

-B
Old 11-15-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buckley3 View Post
Yep. Integrity. Not to anyone or anything really, but to the person looking back in the mirror.

Stay sober for yourself. You deserve it. The other benefits come along for the ride...

-B
exactly Buckley ...it was only a thought but a scary thought . Caught it fast . Having super yummy healthy supper and bed. Thought has gone . Good it came as i had no cravings at all and glad it made me more aware there are might be moments like this . So i m prepared now . Happy and in peace with myself . Another day retraining the brain passed . Have folks safe and pracful night x D