Notices

Really need help

Old 11-08-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really need help

It’s been a while since I’ve been on this site. I managed 3 months of sobeiety through the support of people on here. I’m drinking again and I’m in a really bad place right now...even logging onto this site was a major headache for me( forgot password etc..)but I knew I needed to get on here to try and get support. Ive recently come out of a short term relationship which I know wasn’t right for me but I feel so rejected, rubbish and insignificant. Ive turned to drink to numb the pain and make me feel , well, less hollow and desperately alone.

I had a really bad day at work today, came home( at 1 pm) poured myself a wine and drank a few glasses. I feel drunk and disgusted with myself. Being alone and without a drink feels unbearable. Like the worst pain ever. I can’t clean, excercise cook healthy meals. I’m managing to get to work and do enough to ‘pretend’ I’m ok.
Really need help, advice to turn this around
Old 11-08-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Daytime in the US is a relatively slow time, Georgie. There will be many more people along in a couple of hours. So please don't feel like you're dying on the vine, so to speak.

For now keep yourself well hydrated. I'm sorry that you're feeling so low.

You need never feel this bad again. Each moment you refrain from drinking you will move a bit further and further away from this feeling of the pit. Stay the course.

Stay on here. Read every thread if you have to! Occupy the minutes till you can go to sleep.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it. Feel unworthy of kindness right now. Thank you
Old 11-08-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are extremely worthy of kindness, Georgie!

We all are.

We're not bad people, just sick.

With help and a solid plan, we can get better.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll log back in Georgie. Have you checked out the November support thread?

Its for every one quitting this month...all you have to do to join is post

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-1-a-9.html

D
Old 11-08-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Georgie. It’s going to be ok. We all care about you and really are hoping you can turn this around, it all starts with not picking up the drink. It’s hard but you are not alone. I hope you continue to post, this site really helps.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dee's link is great, you can get started again today. Think about joining the November of 2018 class, you will be surrounded by others who have also committed or recommitted to sobriety this month.

I find going for walks outdoors really helps ground me, I try to do this everyday, even if it's a short walk. Take a look at some mindfulness videos, they are helpful as well.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Start over, now! Get rid of any alcohol in the house and don't get any more. Come here often, and especially, before you drink.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Georgie, You're among friends who understand. We're here to encourage you. There is no doubt that you can get sober and reclaim your life. Keep talking to us.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We are all here to support you!