Old 10-27-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

help me

help me my marriage is falling apart i want to drink and use
dont ******* care anymore
Old 10-27-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you contact your pastor and get in for some marital counseling?

Please stay right here on SR and let us while away your time to try to distract you from the urge to use.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Read some other people's threads. Maybe their life situations will interest you and your mind will be (at least temporarily) absorbed in them.

I invite you to come to the Weekenders' thread or the "A Different Path" thread for some quality sobriety insights that are sandwiched into a long, free-flowing conversational setting--if you could just get your mind outside of yourself for a few minutes it would really help.

Are you near bedtime? I will pray that your marital situation is a bit brighter in the morning light.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All I can say to you is, for me with marriage breakdown, drinking caused my life to turn into a living hell. When the booze wore off- life was still there, waiting. Booze made everything much, much worse- money, housing, possessions and from self neglect- nearly my life. You posted here- meaning a call for help, I think. You need to help yourself- talk to someone, a doc- the local hospital, a priest, counselor, and AA member.
Drinking or using will not help you- it will make everything much, much worse.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very good point!
Old 10-27-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This calls for a crisis reaction from you, get to a place of safety, either here by posting your way through it, or anywhere that you know that you cannot, will not, pick up.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi friend. Here's something that helps me when I'm feeling like things are bad and/or may get worse:

*Find something to distract you from the ever-present sense of doom.

*Music

*Physical activity

*Writing

*Reach out to others who might need some help. (this helps you not feel so alone and give added perspective)

*Stay busy

*Call your mom

*Call anyone

*Call a hotline

*Clean house

*Take a shower or bath (this will feel good no matter what) This may not change your circumstances right NOW, but it WILL help you feel better in the meantime.

*Pick up a new hobby or resurrect an old one.

*Call a brother or sister.

*If you don't have a dog, get one.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

From what I know of your husband he's been there for you for years.

Try to breathe - all marriages have their ups and downs and all couples fight from time to time

If you have noone else to talk to right now stay on SR WolfsChild.

Drinking and using will only make everything that much worse.

D
Old 10-27-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Yes I agree with Dee. There's nothing so bad that a drink can't make worse.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is in a different "vein", but for some reason, I'm remembering it now.

Back when I was in college and going through a stressful and what seemed a 'rough' time I developed this horrendous ear infection ... so much so that my ear drum burst. It was 1 or 2 in the morning and I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep . I didn't dare take any more Tylenol than I had already taken. I wasn't tempted to drink or anything like that but I was in misery and didn't know what to do. I thought, "Maybe I could call so and so. I just need to hear someone's voice".

I was alone in my apt. and my roommate was out of town. Family was far away and, afterall, it was 2 in the morning. I didn't think I could go to an ER or anything like that. So, I called a friend who I was sort of close to but not really at times, but I knew she would know what to do because she was so dang smart!! The beauty of it was she did answer the phone and helped me through that night....next day I was able to get seen by a Dr. and got on the right meds to take care of the infection.

So, when anyone tells me they have an ear infection, OMG...I remember so clearly how much that HURT....It was awful....but I guess the moral of the story is that my friend responded to my cry for help.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wolfschild, Dee is right. Your husband has been there for you and I think, as long as you stay sober, you will make it through this.

Are you able to contact your pastor and have a conversation with him?

You can get through this.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Earth Child

My husband smashed the laptop on my hand he said he didnt mean its my fault i ****** up flashbacks voices i should die
Old 10-27-2018, 04:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like an accident to me - not your fault at all?

I really hope you'll make an appointment to speak to someone this week about the voices WolfsChild.

None of this is your fault - and sometimes all of us need a little professional support?

D
Old 10-27-2018, 06:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Reach out for extra support and don't drink over it WC- my husband kicked something on the floor yesterday and it hit my ankle really hard and hurt a lot.

At first I wanted to be mad at him due to pain, but I realized in a little while that it was an accident and he was sorry.

You can get through this--your husband sounds like he's been great support to you over the years. Trust love--
Old 10-28-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I m so sorry to hear. I can empathise. Hope things work out when you keep on sobriety. It is so much worse detoxing alone. And it is so much worse when drinking to numb. I reapeted myself that i m fighting for life. That life is what left . If your husband is still with you there is room to improve things but you would need not to drink as maybe he suffers as well seeing you putting poison. I do not know your marriage situation but i pray all will be good . In the worst case scenario sobriety will be victory and life. XD
Old 10-28-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Earth Child

my husband is very upset and its my fault i pushed him
Old 10-28-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
2/2016

I know when I stopped drinking, I was angry. Very short tempered. I had to make an effort not to lash out at others. I would stop and seriously count to ten. If you were in the wrong, you should apologize. If this is a pattern, you probably want to talk to someone about anger managment, Do not take out your inner anger on others. Do not hold it in, but learn to meditate, excercise or otherwise diffuse your anger. Try to write out your anger. What happened and why? Writing helps me see patterns in my behavior.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

HTowns advice is pretty good regarding anger - if you need help, please get some..

I hope you two can get past this rough patch WolfsChild.

D