Notices

Hello

Old 10-12-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello everyone. I should start by saying I’m also bluedog97 but I can’t get access to that old email account. I apologize for any confusion. If there’s some way to recover that user name let me know.

I also want to apologize for some of my past posts on here. Everyone here is always more than helpful and sometimes I’ve likely behaved childishly.

A few months ago I checked into detox. I managed to stay sober about 2.5 months. Long story short, I recently started drinking again. I suffer from PTSD from something a long time ago. I called this week to meet a counselor at a local outpatient program next week. Hopefully I can finally open up to someone about my struggles with addiction and past events. I’ve carried a burden for too long.

I’ve got my work cut out for me. I’ve got some rebuilding to do and it’s scary. I’ve got to let go of the guilt and shame that comes with the drinking and having lived a less than perfect life. Painful to say the least.

AA is in the cards as well. I’ve got to use everything at my disposal. I hope to continue to use SR as well, as embarrassed as I am crawling back here not under better circumstances.

Thanks for listening
Old 10-12-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello back.

You're always welcome here. After my chronic relapses I came back here many times.
I had a lot of guilt and shame, too. But all that has turned into a pride of being sober. And my life is still less than perfect, but I live it. Trying to make myself a better person. That's all I can do, besides not drink.
Sounds like you've got a plan in mind, and that's great.

Yes, use everything at your disposal. AA is a great start.
Welcome back, some don't make it.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Bluedog,

It sounds like you are ready to start dealing with the PTSD which will definitely help your recovery.

I closed your old account for you.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is exactly why there is support and why the newcomer is so important. If we weren't around, a cure would be known, an easy fix. I share your feelings, and besides wishing you the best, I am rooting for your mental anguish to subside; that I understand all to well.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad to see you, bluedog. Never, ever feel embarrassed - you're among friends who understand & care.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the replies! The struggle of this thing addiction is so real. It’s good to be back
Old 10-12-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I’ll just add one more thing. If any of you have suffered with PTSD or some other form of mental illness I feel your pain. It’s something I’ve dealt with for a very long time and alcohol is where I’ve turned to for relief. It’s such a disaster and tragedy.

Like people have said before it starts with forgiving yourself, then maybe others will follow. It’s a painful process but hopefully worth it. Alcohol just makes everything worse.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi .. great to hear from you . I m quite new here but i can empathise as i also used alcohol to deal with trauma and stress. The site is so friendly and supportive. I am living in constant panick freeze but first time i stick to plan despite all panick attacks etc . Good luck . Nice to meet you x D
Old 10-12-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thx you too allshope!
Old 10-12-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to see you back bluedog

D
Old 10-12-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Really glad to see you back bluedog