Notices

Coming back

Old 10-14-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I wondered how you were. Sorry to hear that you are struggling. There is a way, in fact many ways, out of the mess that booze makes of our lives. You have to work though. The want is there, I can see it in your posts and your presence on SR. Are you willing to start serving that part of you that wants to sobriety? That's the main question.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
I wondered how you were. Sorry to hear that you are struggling. There is a way, in fact many ways, out of the mess that booze makes of our lives. You have to work though. The want is there, I can see it in your posts and your presence on SR. Are you willing to start serving that part of you that wants to sobriety? That's the main question.
Thank you so much for thinking of me - that means a lot. I think my hardest time is that I am told to just avoid the drinkers and find new friends likes it’s as easy as taking out the garbage which I can rectify tomorrow, and suddenly all will be solved. If it were that easy, I’d do it in a heartbeat. It’s not even just my drinking football buddies. These drinkers include my closest family....even my aunt who lost my uncle to alcoholism drinks like a fish probably about once a week, give or take. Literally every family event, from lunch to a birthday to a vacation in the Keys, is so heavily revolves around alcohol. And they’re not just people I can, or will, toss aside and move on from, yet the struggle to sit on the sidelines by myself when around them is real. In a rock and a hard place right now...but thank you for listening