Notices

Update on Day 5

Old 10-02-2018, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on Day 5

So far feeling well today. I am looking forward to my participation in Lifering to add to my plan of sobriety. My divorce should be final by December. Today my husband called me and sounded so despairing. He basically said he is deteriorating without me. If I hadn’t called to check up on him last night, he would have missed work since his alarm did not go off. I don’t think that he is using, I just think he is having a difficult time managing without me. When I helped him buy gas today (which he will pay me back), he was sleeping in his car. He looked so tired and unkept. I felt a deep sorrow for him because this is the man who loved me for 9 years, 8 married. I agreed today to give our relationship another shot, and I felt so happy offering him a place to stay and just go to sleep and do his laundry. He works 6 days a week at 5 am. We had a nice dinner together and now are just going to sleep together with our puppy. I really hope we can make things work because we both do care about one another. I am still going to go forward with the divorce because my dad financially supports a lot of this situation, and my dad understandably is aware of the liability of me being with someone with a history of meth use. My family and I just want everything to be separate to protect ourselves. My husband seems okay with this. Also, my husband does not have to pay rent to my dad since my dad is the guarantor on the lease and is not putting him on the lease. My husband is aware that I can tell him to leave at any time if he uses again or becomes verbally or emotionally abusive. This all may sound a bit codependent, but I can sleep better at night and feel happy knowing that my husband’s life isn’t spiraling down the drain. Plus, it does feel nice to have someone to keep me company again. Starting over and dating again is an adventure. 1 more hour and will be on Day 6.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 5 days. I hope your husband will use the help and support he;s getting to sort himself out, just as you're doing FreedomCA.

D
Old 10-03-2018, 01:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I need to remember to continue to focus on my own sobriety and issues. Day 6 is here.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One day away from a full week, congratulations!!