Notices

Day 4

Old 09-19-2018, 12:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Ok... it’s day 4 of being sober and I am so proud of myself for being sober this long.

I can feel positive effects already. Despite being overwhelmingly tired my mind is much clearer. I’ve got more time. My body doesn’t feel as bloated. The morning cravings have gone.

I’ve narrowed the evening cravings down to a 5pm-8pm window. When I’m at home I can manage these. Travelling back from work I need to work on a coping strategy, as that’s when I would hit the pub and buy more alcohol for the train.

I’m also finding I’m bargaining with myself like ‘if I can stay sober until that party then maybe I can have a drink there.’ Or ‘just one wine at that evening event and you can start again the next day’. I know that’s a slippery slope but honestly I don’t know how I’m going to cope with these type of events. I’ve got a party in late Oct, which I’ll deal with when I get there - I might be stronger by then. But I have an evening networking event next week with complimentary wine... not sure how I’m going to cope with that. Just thinking about it I’m already bargaining about that one night off ‘doesn’t have to be a big one’ etc. But I know that’s how I fell off the wagon every other time.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're doing great and congratulations on four days.
As for the event, the wine was always complimentary to me, I just had to pay for it. If you get my drift.
Opportunity is going to present itself and it's going to test your resolve.
Are you ready for it?
Just don't take that first drink. It really is that simple.
Best to you.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can stay sober for good.