Notices

Still tired

Old 08-02-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still tired

I’m 11 days sober. I had the shakes, palpitations, sweats, nausea, diarrhea, body aches , jumpiness, and dizziness during the first 3-4 days of withdrawal. I’m feeling much better overall and I’m happily managing without alcohol. I’m still feeling fatigue .....I guess more than I anticipated. Will it get better?
Old 08-02-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
p***enger

Absolutely! The pace of physical and mental recovery seems to be different for everyone -- it likely relates to how long/how much you were drinking, what physical shape you're in, age, lifestyle other than alcohol....

Honestly I walked around in a brain fog for a longer time than I like to remember.

No matter whether your mind sharpens in 1 month or 6, brain fog is better than drunk!!!
Old 08-02-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, it gets better, day by day. Just stay sober.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Give yourself a chance.

You are not going to feel great with the list of side effects in your post.

Slowly and steadily these things should each settle and correct themselves.

I had all of those symptoms for sooooo long but others sometimes come round quickly. It's no race if your body or mind needs time to get better there is no choice it is just a case of sitting back and taking the slow train sometimes!

Timelines are guess work.

Eat healthy drink healthy live healthy and stay strong and resilient all good things come to those that wait!

If anything is concerning you during your recovery visit the doctor and ask the question.
Peace of mind is a healthy mind.

Good luck🤙
Old 08-03-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It does get better matrix, sleep or more accurately sleeplessness was definitely a problem for me and that of course leads to tiredness and lack of energy.

Congratulations on 11 days!
Old 08-03-2018, 01:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it will get better, but it takes patience.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Mat,

My detox was similar to yours. I had moderate paranoia and agoraphobia as well. Spatial disorientation also.

Most of my issues are,GONE.

Ime...it gets better by the moment.

Unfortunately, it took me well over 1 year sober to really settle down.

I'm over 3 years without being intoxicated and the progress is magnificent.

I take only a b supp, a multi..over 50 yo... and a BP med.

I drink a little coffee and tea.

I eat normally to healthy.

I work out 4 to 7 days a week.

My sobriety is purely a lifestyle adjustment.

No AA for me. That is plan B.

Sr is my support. Mostly therapy though since I have not asked for advice in a while.

I mostly get indirect feedback from piggy backing on other posts.

Thanks.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Watching what I eat since I have a few to loose...might help . Also, thinking about my age when drinking started being a problem and my present age....hmmmm, I am getting older! I used to chalk it up to alcohol...maybe that’s not the full picture. Anyway, I do feel loads better than
I did!
Old 08-03-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are in very early days. You may find yourself with a lot more energy as time goes on. Or you may stay kind of tired because as you correctly point out alcohol may not be the full picture. I’m at 7 months and I am out of the more debilitating heavy fatigue of earliest days but I’m still tired a lot. I hear a lot of people talking about getting a lot of energy but I think I”m just a tired person. Or I have a tiring life. Or something like that. I would let yourself just bask in the delicious warm arms of restful sleep that comes with not drinking. It will get better. maybe not quite to the level you want but definitely better!
Old 08-03-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matrac View Post
Thanks all. Watching what I eat since I have a few to loose...might help . Also, thinking about my age when drinking started being a problem and my present age....hmmmm, I am getting older! I used to chalk it up to alcohol...maybe that’s not the full picture. Anyway, I do feel loads better than
I did!
Getting older surely has a bearing! Pleased you are feeling better and, if in doubt: (more) rest is always best. Warm wishes to you.