Notices

Falling asleep all the time

Old 07-09-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Falling asleep all the time

I am just so tired. I hope it means my body is repairing itself. I had my heart ultra sound today and fell back to sleep 15 minutes before I was due to get ready. Luckily the guy next door woke me up leaving for work. I just made it to the appointment. Is this normal? I am at 9 days sober. My walking still hasn't improved much. I have a heart stress test in 6 weeks. I really need things to improve so I can do the test. I feel worse instead of better. I normally get energy after stopping. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 07-09-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was very tired when I first quit my body didn't know what to do without all that sugar. Normally, I'm a night owl but at one point in the first few weeks I was going to bed at 8:00pm some nights. I am back to normal now it only affected me for a couple of weeks.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Hel. Hope this passes.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am experiencing the exact same thing at one week sober. I posted about it the other day and it seems to be pretty normal. I am going to bed a lot earlier than usual as a result. It will get better- this much I know. Hang in there- I can definitely relate!
Old 07-09-2018, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It gets better. I was taking two hour naps every afternoon the first two weeks -your body is just getting used to being alcohol free.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was very normal for me - assuming it's post drinking related, I hope you'll get some energy back soon sweetichick

D
Old 07-10-2018, 12:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Maybe I am just reacting to my exes stage 4 cancer. Grief and loss. I have never fallen asleep just before an appointment before. This Friday having a birthday lunch with my parents. Looks to I will make it to 51.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is a relief. I am twelve days sober now and my body clock is still screwed up and I feel drained and tired still.

I guess the body gets a massive hit when it stops getting a drug it is used to, and repairing all the damage. Alcohol poisons pretty much everything in the body so it makes sense it is working overtime.

This is still a far easier type of tired to deal with than tiredness from drinking all the time
Old 07-11-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweetichick, it's still early days and it will take awhile for your body to respond to your sobriety. The main thing is to not drink and to take care of yourself. Happy early Birthday!
Old 07-13-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skyfullofstars View Post
This is a relief. I am twelve days sober now and my body clock is still screwed up and I feel drained and tired still.

I guess the body gets a massive hit when it stops getting a drug it is used to, and repairing all the damage. Alcohol poisons pretty much everything in the body so it makes sense it is working overtime.

This is still a far easier type of tired to deal with than tiredness from drinking all the time
Glad you feel the same as me. Very encouraging post.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Totally normal. It will dissipate. Great job on 9 days.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Yea my wife said old man you sure are taking a lot of extended naps in the afternoon. Get your arse out of bed and get ya chores done. I laugh at her and said, " my body's healing so I can be a stud puppy again"..... lol

Let your body rest as it's been through one hell of a trauma dealing with alcohol all those years.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks BD. You are right in that others don't understand..
Old 07-14-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made your appointment and have a stress test coming up. I have had a few of those, and although uncomfortable your doctor will get a lot of information . If you're feeling too week they can do the test with dye,and it won't involve you running or walking on treadmill.