Notices

Day 3

Old 06-27-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hi All, I had posted here last Friday that Monday was my quit. Well, I am on day 3. Feeling pretty good, overall, but not a lot of energy so far. One of my biggest issues is keeping busy, and trying to stay away from old habits. Feel like every post on Facebook has to do with drinking, and summer time blasts. I am just trying to focus on "my blast" vs "their blast", which is definitely different. But believe I am going to steer away from social media for a while. I am 41 year old Mom and wife. I have 2 siblings that are in recovery, and another sister whom is a therapist to addicts ironically. I know its my time to climb on board. Guess its just hard to believe after seeing what my siblings went through, that I got myself here. Anyhow, just wanted to reach out and say hello, and I really love reading all the support found in each post.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, Daisyaim.

Welcome to SR. I too watched family members, particularly the women, aunts, and thought I'd never be "one of them. " I became one of them. You're fortunate you have siblings in recovery. Pride kept my family from seeking help and getting into recovery. Thank goodness alcoholism is now recognized as a disease and not a weakness.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And I apologize, congratulations on day three.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Daisyaim

D