Notices

1 Month Sober!

Old 06-15-2018, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 Month Sober!

Today marks the day I'm 1 month sober.

I feel amazing. The desire for alcohol just isn't there. I've still got a lot of mental problems I am working on with professional help but I'm at a point where I am starting to feel happy in life.

I'm using my time wisely. Currently I'm working on a 5 track EP (I'm a trap/edm producer) that I plan to release in the winter. I'm titling it "Poison". Each track on the EP has been carefully written to show a contrast between happy and anger. Because that's who I was when I drank.

I look back on the person I was when I drank. I don't know that person anymore.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on your month!
Sounds an interesting ep.
Some good material to work with.
Good luck
Old 06-16-2018, 01:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats 16

D
Old 06-16-2018, 01:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amazing! Good for you.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Brilliant news!
Old 06-16-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats! May you have many more sober months strung together from now on.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rar

Congratulations 16. Great news!
Old 06-16-2018, 12:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations, way to go!

What software do you use? I've been using Ableton Live since v.1!
Old 06-16-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Well done! Keep er moving down the track and don't look back.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tekink View Post
Congratulations, way to go!

What software do you use? I've been using Ableton Live since v.1!
Nice! I'm an Ableton 10 user I started on 9 and recently got the upgrade. Before that I used Logic. I started using it back when it was supported on Windows (version 4 I believe I started on). I also use an Access Virus Ti2 and a Push. I own a few samplers and enjoy crate digging and sampling too.

You using a Push?
Old 06-16-2018, 01:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 16YearsDrunk View Post
Nice! I'm an Ableton 10 user I started on 9 and recently got the upgrade. Before that I used Logic. I started using it back when it was supported on Windows (version 4 I believe I started on). I also use an Access Virus Ti2 and a Push. I own a few samplers and enjoy crate digging and sampling too.

You using a Push?

Nice, I'm still on v9, it's keeping my happy so I haven't looked at 10 yet. New stuff makes me want it even though I probably don't need it. I have v1 Push. I'm kind of old, I used to have a ton of hardware, I still have a TR 909 and TB 303 though.

I'm mostly doing house music.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nice, I'm still on v9, it's keeping my happy so I haven't looked at 10 yet. New stuff makes me want it even though I probably don't need it. I have v1 Push. I'm kind of old, I used to have a ton of hardware, I still have a TR 909 and TB 303 though.

I'm mostly doing house music.
This is turning into a crazy coincidence. I love the TR 909 and 808 (one day I will own an 808). I got these t's earlier today (with the beer money I've saved) ...

Push 1 is still solid. I recently sold mine and got a 2. But 10 isn't much different to 9 tbh. There's a few annoying bugs at the moment too with some of my NI plugins.

Groups inside groups is a neat new feature. You're not missing much though.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober months! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

A whole month! We're so proud of you.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

16, those are some cool shirts!

I good friend of mine has the new roland 808 and 303 boxes and they are actually really really nice. The old boxes are cool but they are kind of limited.

When I was drinking I'd run into the same trap in my studio every time. I'd think that a beer or something would help me get into the "zone" or whatever but as soon as the alcohol came out production always went south and never got anywhere. Alcohol would just zap my motivation away. I used to DJ a lot in the late 90s early 2000s and alcohol was always something I had to watch for there. If I drank to much mixing tricks tend to crash on me. It was all I could handle to not get sauced before I went on. I always knew it was a problem but was afraid to actually do something about it. I still have my 1200s but use Pio nexus 2000 players now.

I don't know why but this is my favorite music t-shirt, I think it's because most people don't know what it's about:

Old 06-16-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I good friend of mine has the new roland 808 and 303 boxes and they are actually really really nice. The old boxes are cool but they are kind of limited.
I had the first TR-8 (TR-8S is out now I believe). I liked it, but it felt a bit too much. I rarely used it as I have a lot of good 808 samples for Kontact.

When I was drinking I'd run into the same trap in my studio every time. I'd think that a beer or something would help me get into the "zone" or whatever but as soon as the alcohol came out production always went south and never got anywhere. Alcohol would just zap my motivation away. I used to DJ a lot in the late 90s early 2000s and alcohol was always something I had to watch for there. If I drank to much mixing tricks tend to crash on me. It was all I could handle to not get sauced before I went on. I always knew it was a problem but was afraid to actually do something about it. I still have my 1200s but use Pio nexus 2000 players now.
YES! DJing drunk is hopeless. I did it many times to calm the nerves and train wrecked often. I could mix so tight without alcohol but the beer ruined my DJing career.

I would often open a beer and sit in front of Ableton. After a few beers I would end up watching countless production related videos (youtube Reid Stefan ... the realest puppet), or spend 2 hours attempting to craft some bass sound that sounds like trash.

I used to DJ too. Grew up on 1200's back when vinyl was still a thing. I started DJing early 2000's. I was a UK Garage DJ. I miss my CDJ's but I feel too old to DJ now.

What was you mixing back then?

I don't know why but this is my favorite music t-shirt, I think it's because most people don't know what it's about:

Nice find. I want this one! Going to Amazon it now.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congratulations on one month. Creativity and art are wonderful gifts. I hope they serve you well in your recovery. All the best.