Notices

Day 6 and Im...

Old 05-21-2018, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 and Im...

Pooped...but no drinky!!! First day IOP and class(trying to retrain for new career) after only getting about 2 hours of horrible sleep last night. Im not gonna lie this IOP seems like another joke for treatment. Its been so hard to find quality treatment since I had to go on disability and receive state insurance. Dont get me wrong, im grateful, but I see a big difference in clinical skills of counselors and group participants from 2004 (when the alcoholic in me busted out on the scene)when i had first rate insurance. Oh well Im going to stick out for at least a month b4 i decide if Im going to look for another one or if I can get a addiction counselor for 1on 1 counseling. Im just glad I didn't drink today, but more than that Im so grateful I wasn't obsessing about wanting to drink or not wanting to drink. That was different I must say. Praying God will help me to stay this way like one of those Moses parts the Red Sea miracles.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for reaching day 6. Sober life is so much better.
Enjoy the wonderful feeling that only sobriety can bring.
Congratulations!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, mistory! 6 days is fantastic. I had no energy during the first few weeks as well. And sleep was horrible. But it does get better. So much better. I hope you are able to get some good rest soon. You are doing great.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopeful528 View Post
Good for you for reaching day 6. Sober life is so much better.
Enjoy the wonderful feeling that only sobriety can bring.
Congratulations!
Ty and you rock too! It so amazing that SR people are willing to take a few seconds or minutes out of their time to offer words of encouragement to me. Ty
Old 05-22-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice work - keep it movin!
Old 05-22-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiseheart View Post
Congratulations, mistory! 6 days is fantastic. I had no energy during the first few weeks as well. And sleep was horrible. But it does get better. So much better. I hope you are able to get some good rest soon. You are doing great.
Ty! And i sure hope so regarding the sleep...I had a terrible nightmare that had me screaming and crying...it bothered me throughout the day. But I realize my body, especially my brain has been soaking in alcohol since 2004 and its probably going to take some time to get back to normal. But as long as i don't find a way to talk myself into thinking a another drink will make things better.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
nice work - keep it movin!
ty!!!!