Notices

28 weeks pregnant; I DRANK today

Old 05-19-2018, 07:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don’t think I was hard on anyone. I’m not here to feel attacked or given a guilt trip. That’s why I won’t tell anyone my problem in real life.. because of how people react to it. I know what I’m doing is wrong. If I felt like I was in the position to get help without being judged and my husband and family leaving me then I would.
I've never been pregnant but I have defended my drinking with statements like if you had my life you'd drink too, or I've not had as many binges this month or I can't break cover and let people know I'm drinking again.

I've also tried to stop people advising me to stop by calling them judgmental and combative.

I'm not asking you to own any of those statements. I don't know you any more than you know me.

I'm just trying to explain that we understand the situation of active alcoholism and the fear and reluctance to break cover.

The bottom line is tho, drinkings not ok - we all agree on that. It's not ok for any of us.

That's why you're here, right?

If you can't stop on your own or with the help of this forum, then you owe it to yourself and and your baby to break cover and ask for more help, however embarrassing it might be.

Some things are more important than embarrassment.

D
Old 05-19-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm not reading what was above this...just read your first post. My first babe...took pregnancy test & was hung over. Was drinking at least 2 weeks (everyday) prior to finding out i was pregnant. She is now a shining 19 yr old in college. Second pregnancy...same. High honors wonderful little man 16 yr old.

What I wanted is to not drink during my pregnancy. What I did was to drink non alcohol beer (o'douls). OK ...crucify me. But that was my way of weaning off . I did it just for my ease of mind to think I was drinking but at the same time I was reading how healthy foods etc would help my babe and slowly after a month I ate/drank nothing but healthy. No more non alcohol beer,
You can do it. Being an alcoholic makes us selfish but at this time know that there's someone coming into this world waiting to love you. You can do it....wishing you the best
Old 05-19-2018, 07:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Family, friends, co-workers can all make a choice at their end regarding someone's drinking...... this baby cannot
Old 05-30-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I struggled as well, to the point where I thought I could still drink during the early weeks because "everyone drinks before they find out they are pregnant and its okay." I was going through fertility treatments so I found out earlier than the average woman would. Well after researching the beginning is the most critical time. I stopped but it was hard. I had an argument with my husband once and sat in the car in the driveway ready to go buy wine but I stopped myself. I don't remember what site it was but I remember someone posted to think about your baby everytime you want to drink saying "mommy please dont." For some reason that really stuck with me and broke my heart thinking about it so I was sober until she was born. I have relapsed since but I'm working on 4 days sober today. My daughter deserves it.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back MissD

you out there E1234?

D