Notices

3 days sober

Old 05-15-2018, 01:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days sober

Hi everyone.

In a normal day I drink a large g&t at around 5pm, a bottle of wine in the evening and a large whisky and ice to finish off. I am not even that drunk - a little sleepy and a little fuzzy in the morning. I have an occassional day or two off drinking normally to appease my husband's concerns. I have never gone more than 3 days of not drinking. I've stopped even bothering to tell my H that I will only drink at the weekends because I can never keep that promise.

Saturday night I met up with an old drinking friend who I hadn't seen for 2 years. We spent the night guzzling 2 bottles of wine and half a bottle of gin. We also got stoned on weed. He told me that he had typeii diabetes and a fatty liver. He needs to stop drinking but struggles to cope with his anxiety. When I woke up the next day for the first time in years I had the hangover from hell. Looking around his house I could see what a mess his life is behind closed doors (rubbish and filth everywhere, chaotic relationships, serious health problems, stoney broke, doing risky - self sabotaging things).

I sadly came to the conclusion he's an alcoholic.

Then it hit me.

I am a 'smaller' version of him. I am that.

I keep the house clean 'enough' but when I first got married I would hold down a full time job and keep a spotless home. I have drifted away from my circle of friends. I neglect my health but will happily drive others to their hospital or GP appointments. When I diet I drink my calories and don't eat. I worry about money but spend money I shouldn't..always enough for a bottle of wine. In the past I have done some really stupid things...that could have ruined my life...but I never associated any of this to my drinking. (Blame: anxiety, narcissitic relationships, childhood issues, husband's past mistakes, tiggers, boredom...etc)

For 3 sober days I have had energy to wake up early and tidy up the garden, put booze money into a savings tin, start my dissertation I have been putting off for too long, I cleaned my windows inside and out, I went to bed happily exhausted, had a meaningful convo with hubby, great sex, awake early and making a list of things to do today. I have bought lots of non-alcoholic drinks that I have never tasted before to cover for my 'time' habit.

My only withdrawal symptom seems to be itching and a bit of a headache.

Any other tips would be much appreciated x
Old 05-15-2018, 02:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Include daily reading and posting here at SR. You are most welcome here and can help others while being helped.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Keep posting and staying accountable by signing into the 24 hour thread.
Have you joined the May 2018 Class? Come jump on the Sober Bus, too! Fun people are glad to 'give you a ride'!
Old 05-15-2018, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. There's tons of support here.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Keep posting and staying accountable by signing into the 24 hour thread.
Have you joined the May 2018 Class? Come jump on the Sober Bus, too! Fun people are glad to 'give you a ride'!
Hiya ChloeRose

Struggling to find the 24 hour thread. Help please
Old 05-15-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

here you go boots

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-382-a-16.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 382)

feel free to check out the Class of May 2018 thread too
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-13.html

All you need to do to join either thread is post in them.

Welcome

D
Old 05-15-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by boots45 View Post
Hiya ChloeRose

Struggling to find the 24 hour thread. Help please
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-382-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 382)
Old 05-15-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and well done on three days boots👍 Reading and posting on here has really helped keep me sober the last 8 months. You can do this!