Notices

6 months and barely hanging on

Old 05-13-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
I'm feeling pressure to go so I will. As the big book says trying to alter or avoid the drinking lifestyle is doomed to fail.
the bb also says:
But if you are shaky, you had better work with another alcoholic instead!
Old 05-15-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, here's an update. I didn't go and am still sober. Feeling much better. Thanks for all of the post!!
Old 05-15-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

You take care of yourself Scotty and do what's right for you. There will be times I have to make choices like you are now and I pray that I can do the right thing. Show me it can be done.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Hey Scotty.......I am speaking on Day 2 from a relapse after 112 days. I rationalized my drinking and at the time, it seemed worth it. Out of (I think) 9 days, I was sober for 3 of them. I didn't think I would have much of a withdrawal from drinking maybe 6 of those days. I couldn't have been more wrong. I am miserable - horribly depressed because I disappointed myself. I'm also suffering from significant anxiety which is affecting my breathing. Not good things! I want my 112 days back!!!

I get where you're coming from. I really do. I was there a few days ago and chose to drink. Please, please don't drink.

You did great posting first. I didn't and I knew better. Stay strong. It will pass and tomorrow you will have saved your awesome sobriety. ((HUGS))
I get what you mean!!! I had almost 5 months under my belt and I threw it away!! All that struggling and pushing through and overcoming just for a lousy drink??? I am soooooo beyond pissed at myself. So here I am on day 3. Starting all over again. Please don't take that drink!!!!