Notices

Talk about scary !!

Old 05-03-2018, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talk about scary !!

So I have spent a good bit of time this morning reading about alcohol related ilnesses.
It really is very scary the amount of things that can go wrong because of alcohol. I convinced myself that I have all of them !
The reason for my educational frenzy was that I still feel bashed about inside. I feel a bit tender and swollen in the soft middle part just below the ribs, if you lay your open palm across the bottom of your ribs in the middle (I bet you are all doing it right now &#128514. Also a few weird sensations behind and below right ribs.
Not looking for medical advice as I know you cant give it. Just wanted to put it down in writing.
I expect things will start to improve soon. I intend to live a much healthier lifestyle going forwards.
Hope everyone is feeling good today

C
Old 05-03-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
So I have spent a good bit of time this morning reading about alcohol related ilnesses.
Stay off Dr. Google.

If you are concerned with how you feel, or your health, see a real doctor.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ooohhh - I love the research! I do it a couple times a week. I also google famous people who have died from alcoholism and watch end stage alcoholism documentaries. I too, have every symptom of every complication. Except, I went to my physical on Monday and after two hours, my doc pronounced me the picture of health - lol!

All of that to say is that yes, alcoholism kills. And I want to be scared of that. I need to be scared of that. But thankfully, not me today. I’d like to keep it that way.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, Cuckoo, go to a real doctor and get worked up. Doctor Google is no place for a person in early sobriety.

Hyper-awareness of every single little physical thing just adds to anxiety, which is already high in early days. Give yourself a break and think about pleasant things, beautiful things, hopefulness, abundance, gratitude. Like that.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I wasnt really googling my personal symptons. More alcohol related ilnesses in general. I guess I was trying to help myself to stay string. One more tool in the box....possibility of illness.
C
Old 05-03-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah..Doc Google likes to 'give' me cancer for a stubbed toe. If you're concerned see a real Doc.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My symptoms pointed to a case of the plague....
Old 05-03-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's a real thing:

Alcoholic hepatitis
Alcoholic induced diabetes
Decreased liver function and damage
Jaundice
Infections

Just some of the things I've managed to inflict on my body
Old 05-03-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think its great to educate yourself on the consequences of alcoholism, if that keeps you strong and more determined. It is a bad idea to imagine things that might not be there, as well.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Alcoholism will kill you, but Dr Google is a quack. I lost sleep over my 'alcoholic neuropathy' but it turned out my foot was just asleep.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think everyones health can benefit from no longer drinking alcohol

D
Old 05-03-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

There's a reason why it's true that alcoholism leads to one outcome - death.

The only question is time - is it a flash of intensity like a car crash? or does it slowly destroy your body over decades.

It's probably good to read about those things. We have a way of rationalizing such things - the whole "can't happen to me" type thing. O yes it can.

B

PS - I should note that the fear of what will happen to me if I start drinking again is probably a good thing. At least I'm finally past denial.