Notices

Hi, my name is Eric and I知 an alcoholic

Old 04-21-2018, 02:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hi, my name is Eric and I知 an alcoholic

Hi, my name is Eric and I知 an alcoholic.

I am joining, or shall I say re-joining site because I need support in every way imaginable . I have a sponsor, and AA home group, and a decent network of sober contacts, but as an alcoholic I realize that I am powerless over alcohol and my life had become unmanageable.

I am a middle-aged male who is about to be divorced and have lost my marriage, my school-aged children, and my job to this disease. Multiple attempts at sobriety without AA in the past have completely failed. I possess several white chips. I have given myself to the Program completely and my last drink was November 3, 2016. I confront this disease every single day. I believe I have successfully turned my fight with this disease over to my Higher Power at this time. I am still struggling with the acceptance of loss of my children in my life.

I wanted to express gratitude for my sobriety today and for the site for existing both in the past and now . I find myself working the 10th step presently. I am still waiting for the miracle.

Again, thank you to everybody out there working to fight this killer for the good of themselves and others.

Eric
Old 04-21-2018, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post and your honesty. Keep the faith and doing the best that you can do each day; all you can do is let your actions speak for themselves and accept that what others do is out of your control.

Great job on your sober time!

Grateful to be sober
Old 04-21-2018, 04:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Eric,

Welcome man. I have a school aged son myself who I am fighting this sick sick Beast so that I don't lose. In just slightly different circumstances I could be posting your exact thread. So I feel for you and.

Nonetheless it's clear that even with the pain you have endured, you are persevering over the Beast. Thank you for your honesty and inspiration.

Stay around and post more.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome (back) Eric

D
Old 04-21-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome back Eric. Congratulations on your sobriety. SR folks are supportive and amazingly wise. Reading and posting here will help keep you on your sober path. I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome.

Another AAer here. The fellowship, 12-step recovery program plus The community here have been a great support combination for me.

BB
Old 04-21-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Eric,

Your testimony helped me today sir.

Prayers.

I somehow managed to almost drink myself dead before I lost my job or family.

Hope you still have your health.

You have a longer stretch of sobriety than me so I can't offer any healing experience that you likely haven't felt,

I will say that for me, waking up each day sober is exactly right. Facing life's challenges sober is how I was designed.

I was addicted at a young age. I started drinking alone before I was a teenager.

I too was unable to get this well without my Higher Power.

The addiction is patient and forever.

Stay clean sir. It is our only hope.

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back-
Congrats on your continuing sobriety.