Notices

Checking in... 1 month and a few days SOBER

Old 04-07-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in... 1 month and a few days SOBER

I would like to share my ONE month of being sober with all of those that helped and sent words of encouragement my first week or so.

I don't remember my FIRST day, it was around the 5th. I stopped and started so many times, I just stopped trying to focus on that Sunday (beginning of the week) or Monday (really beginning of the week) and just get thru the days.

I have learned some of my issues are about compulsion. I've started working out A LOT and I turned from an alcoholic to an ALMONDholic. I got past the sugar and would eat packs packs of almonds like a RAT. I just gave those up for the second time.

I will be back in a little more often with working out a lot, I've also been working every day possible, many extra days.

HAPPY SATURDAY!!

If you are on the fence, know that if I can do it you can do it.

Not more than two months ago, I was binging driving from liquor store to liqour store, drinking on the job AFTER being caught, sent to rehab etc.

Push through.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Panther and thanks for the inspiration.

I'm creeping into my second teetotal week, and am going strong. I have been trying to quit for a long long time. This time, something in my brain has just clicked into gear, and I am finding it kind of easy, except for the first few days.

In the past the thought of never drinking again always made me feel uncomfortable (unless i was hungover ) Today however, the thought of never drinking again sits easily and happily with me.

I gotta admit, I keep expecting a super urge to hit at any time.

I know we are all different, but have you had any close calls, any 'super urges' during your first month?
Old 04-07-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations PinkPanther

D
Old 04-09-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoBones View Post
Hi Panther and thanks for the inspiration.

I'm creeping into my second teetotal week, and am going strong. I have been trying to quit for a long long time. This time, something in my brain has just clicked into gear, and I am finding it kind of easy, except for the first few days.

In the past the thought of never drinking again always made me feel uncomfortable (unless i was hungover ) Today however, the thought of never drinking again sits easily and happily with me.

I gotta admit, I keep expecting a super urge to hit at any time.

I know we are all different, but have you had any close calls, any 'super urges' during your first month?

I have not had very many close calls. I think everyone is a little different. The hardest part for me is STOPPING. The second most difficult part is thinking that I can drink normally and attempting to drink like a normal person to later become upset about something and end up on some kind of 3 week bender.

I did cook with wine once within the first month and I noticed an urge or more of a thought to finish the rest of the bottle that I used for the cooking .

I have battled this for almost 20 years of being told my drinking was out of control. And still doing back to it.

It has affected my lack of marriage, children etc. FITNESS goals. I feel like I am just picking up the pieces now.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

heres a chip for ya

grats