Notices

Day 5 and the sun is shining

Old 04-03-2018, 11:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and the sun is shining

It may not be sunny for long today but I am just posting to say I will not drink today. I learnt last night (previous post-Nearly Caved In) that it is possible to ride the urge by calmly waiting for it to subside and not givng in to the immediate impulse.
I hope I can use that tool again and again because I feel so proud of myself this morning.
I realise that it is very early days but it was a small victory for me and at last I seem to be taking on board what others on here have told me countless times about using tools to help on the road to sobriety.
Have a good day everyone and for all those early in recovery......lets stay strong and say NO.
C 😁
Old 04-03-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go Cuckoo

D
Old 04-04-2018, 12:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes Dee and I am starting to think clearly about my decisions on drinking.....once the thought is there its almost like an adrenalin rush as in knowing that I am absolutely going to drink, which I presume is how it is for all alcoholics. So I am trying not to obsess about drinking or not drinking. I dont want the drinking one to win over if that makes sense. I am trying to focus on what my day holds for me, eating healthily, drinking lots of good fluids and making it to bed feeling good. Last night I was tested and I know that will happen again. Saving all my strength for when it does.
C
Old 04-04-2018, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OMG, the power of thoughts! "I could drink today" -- once it was in my mind, it was a done deal, I was gonna get drunk as surely as the earth was gonna turn...

These days, I have an instant second thought: "Oh, that's right! No I can't, because..." followed by every horrible memory of every agonizing thing that alcohol has ever done to me in my life. My "tape" is pretty graphic and easy to play through, and it never ends well.

I can use powerful thoughts for good instead of evil!