Notices

I'm back and committed!

Old 03-29-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

7th morning in a row I woke up sober. Ho-lee-keerappp. Been drinking almost daily since December this time around. I'm proud of myself.

But it is not easy. Last night was the worst one yet for me. Funny how now I feel great in the morning and ****** in the evening. Used to be the other way around. I have a lot of plans to keep me busy today. Just gonna soar through until bedtime.

Speaking of bedtime, I recently discovered the 'Sleep With Me' podcast. It's great! Anyone else use that to get to sleep?

Welp, if anyone is reading this, have a nice clear day.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congrats on your 7th day of sobriety, Suzy. We know what hard work it is.

I haven't heard of that podcast - glad it's helpful to you.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey, SuzyCube--welcome back. SR has been a great help to me in getting and staying sober.
I'm a musician too and playing guitar has helped me focus. I play bass professionally but am teaching myself jazz guitar chords. I also ride my bike and practice yoga. The bike riding is because I wrecked my car in Dec 2015, can't afford another and realized I can get by without one. The upside is I've lost 60lb in that time and my blood pressure is great. I feel very grateful that my drinking didn't do my body in!
Brilliant on 7 days--keep it up. Sobriety rocks.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week Suzy
D
Old 03-30-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verdantia View Post
Hey, SuzyCube--welcome back. SR has been a great help to me in getting and staying sober.
I'm a musician too and playing guitar has helped me focus. I play bass professionally but am teaching myself jazz guitar chords. I also ride my bike and practice yoga. The bike riding is because I wrecked my car in Dec 2015, can't afford another and realized I can get by without one. The upside is I've lost 60lb in that time and my blood pressure is great. I feel very grateful that my drinking didn't do my body in!
Brilliant on 7 days--keep it up. Sobriety rocks.
Thanks Verdantia! I want to learn a different style of music to play too. I think it will be good to access some new parts of my brain that way. I've played in a few bands, all punk or folk, so i'm thinking of learning some intricate picking. I always stuck to easy chords because I could get sloshed and still play, wouldn't have to concentrate too hard. I think I took the easy way out on a lot of things so I could still have room for alcohol. Ugh.

So it's day 8 for me and it is really hard. It's Friday and the sun is finally shining and the cravings are hitting hard. But I reread my plan to strengthen my resolve so I will stick with water. My sleep has been whack and my nightmares are awful, but I do not think it is a sign of withdrawal. I've had night terrors forever and a few months ago was prescribed something for sleep, night-terrors, PTSD, OCD, and anxiety. I think with all the drinking, I wasn't giving the meds a chance to work properly so I am still hopeful.

I have never taken prescription meds before but when I started having panic attacks, I knew it was time to get some psychiatric help. I am positive what ails me is exasperated by alcohol so I'm looking forward to evening out. I've been in therapy for 3 years, started with the psychiatrist in July or August, and also did a 6 week mindfulness group therapy that was great.

I have the support. I have the tools. I have beautiful children. I have a future. Please root for me and I promise to return the favor, all.

Many thanks for this site. I keep visiting when a craving hits (so I'm pretty much always here) and it helps me ride the wave.

Have a clear day!