Notices

Day 3 and kinda nervous about how amazing I feel

Old 03-25-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and kinda nervous about how amazing I feel

Hi everyone. I am on day 3, coming off a 2 year, daily habit of drinking an average of a 5th of 90 proof vodka. I feel physically and emotionally perfect. It's making me nervous, like it's going to hit me hard at any minute. But for the first time in forever, I feel true joy and am so excited for my future. For the past year, I had accepted that I would probably die soon, and I figured everyone would be better off. I now feel completely opposite.
I am a mother of 2 boys, and married to a very unsupportive man. I will be 40 in 2 months and am so excited to have finally become strong enough to start my next chapter.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Suzi! I'm here on Day 2. Also excited for my future. And so ready to be done with the alcohol chapter, (Who am I kidding? CHAPTERS!) of my life.
So glad you are feeling good; may this feeling find you daily!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic , keep going it gets even better
Old 03-25-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Suzi! I'm also on day three and I also feel great today! I'm really conscious of getting complacent but I feel as if something has shifted. I've been doing lots of reading about sobriety and this time I feel like I have everything to look forward to and that I'm not actually losing anything. Congrats on your day three!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done, you are doing great.

This is a great place for support. If ever you are even 0.01% tempted to reach for a drink, hop on here instead and post...it worked for me! Still working today.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good going Suzi!!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That’s great news! I wasn’t a happy camper three days into sobriety. It did get better!
Old 03-25-2018, 11:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 3 myself. Congratulations. Beware the pink cloud.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes, I definitely feel like I'm experiencing the "pink cloud "
Anyone have advice for when I come down?
Old 03-25-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Polished View Post
Hi Suzi! I'm also on day three and I also feel great today! I'm really conscious of getting complacent but I feel as if something has shifted. I've been doing lots of reading about sobriety and this time I feel like I have everything to look forward to and that I'm not actually losing anything. Congrats on your day three!
It seems as if you and I have had the exact same weekend. Congratulations!
Old 03-25-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear you're doing well on Day 3.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Suzib214 View Post
Hi everyone. I am on day 3, coming off a 2 year, daily habit of drinking an average of a 5th of 90 proof vodka. I feel physically and emotionally perfect. It's making me nervous, like it's going to hit me hard at any minute. But for the first time in forever, I feel true joy and am so excited for my future. For the past year, I had accepted that I would probably die soon, and I figured everyone would be better off. I now feel completely opposite.
I am a mother of 2 boys, and married to a very unsupportive man. I will be 40 in 2 months and am so excited to have finally become strong enough to start my next chapter.
Hi Suzi
A Fifth of vodka spread throughout the day, with the most condensed of it coming at night was my vice for a few years as well. I recently went 16 days with no booze and a by-and-large clean diet. The symptoms varied day to day, the urges would come and go, but I gradually started feeling better. I thought I had a handle on myself, was feeling better and thought I could handle drinking occasionally and responsibly. That night I had a few, woke up the next morning without a hangover and thought: “see, I’m not DEPENDENT, I can do this”. Then the old excuses came back and by the following week, I was back to a fifth/day, unbelievably flushed, feeling inflamed and dizzy the next day when I tried to cut it out, it was like those 16 days were all for not, I was already right back in that spot. So here I am, back on day 5 and a new member to this forum - best choice I’ve made all week.

I’m glad you’re feeling great, I’m feeling pretty good today too. Thought about it time to time, but nothing I had to madly suppress.

I don’t mean this with any pessimism at all because I’m saying the same thing for me: be alert because there WILL be challenges, there will be complacency (I can’t believe mine happened so soon), there will be times when you think you have a handle on it, but it’s a very slippery slope. There will be times that are so mindless that will create an urge, I’ll give you an example: I was getting in the shower yesterday, and I used to always take a little drink or two and crank the music. It’s amazing how much brain association you’re going to run into when it comes to drinking. I remember reading a study that said if a college student is drinking when studying for an exam, the students tended to do better if they had a drink(s) before the exam... but that’s no state for your mind and body to live in permanently.

Do what I and many others are doing: every time the thought so much as crosses your mind, stop what you’re doing and log in. Even if you’re in a social setting and need to take a minute in the restroom. Good luck and great job 🙌💪😁
Old 03-25-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Suzi! congrats on day three. I'm on day 40. My advice would be to take it one day at a time. Lots of reading has helped considerably.