Notices

Day 70! What I’m currently going through

Old 03-11-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 70! What I’m currently going through

I continue to feel so much less groggy or tired. The fog keeps lifting (I keep saying it’s lifted and then yet another layer lifts again). Because of this I feel like my focus and physical reaction times are much faster. For example I seemed to have spidey senses when I grabbed my daughter the moment she started to fall down the stairs the other day.

I don’t feel as shaky. I drink coffee and have always felt anxious so i get shaky (only where I see it) in those instances.

I can get little sleep and feel more rested than I did before. I can’t rave about the sleep aspect as much because I have to still wake every 2-3 hours for my child’s medical situation.

I’m learning things about myself and my emotions that I would drink away which has been enlightening. When I really analyze things I’m able to better cope or keep finding ways to deal. For example today I would have loved to grab a glass of wine before dinner because things were emotionally dragging and I’m stressed about other external plans. Instead I had to sit and realize my habit, the emotion and the why. Then I got up and took care of something that was bugging me that I could control. (That helped a lot).

I keep feeling so grateful for non-hungover monrnings or tormenting myself the morning after. Knowing that if I feel off or ill it’s not due to self fincliting drinking. I don’t have the anxious feelings that I’m drowning in loss of control over something.

Not having booze as an option has caused me to think more and be more present (even when I don’t want to be &#128521. I never regret anything right now because I’m making real decisions or saying real things that aren’t being fueled by a liquid that takes over.

I’m still feeling free and like I’m fighting away something that was bad for me. I hope that feeling sticks, I’m so scared of relapse. I want to get to that mentality that people say “I don’t even think about alcohol anymore”.

So far it’s been worth it, even on days or nights when I think maybe drinking this feeling away is better and more fun than sitting with it. It’s not easy, each day that isn’t a drinking day is cherished. It’s not always fun to have to reflect and act on something you know will take effort for change, especially if it’s a personal flaw. I’m keeping that I will continue to grow and have some self learning fun along the way. If I don’t stick with it, I will drink to become someone I don’t even know.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on over two months sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What an inspirational post, Readygo. Thank you.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And congratulations on 70 days. Well done!
Old 03-11-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratultions on 70 days readygo

D
Old 03-11-2018, 10:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ready go. Thank you so much for your post! I'm only in day 12 or so and you showed me what to come and that it is possible to work through it 😀

Originally Posted by Readygo View Post
I continue to feel so much less groggy or tired. The fog keeps lifting (I keep saying it’s lifted and then yet another layer lifts again). Because of this I feel like my focus and physical reaction times are much faster. For example I seemed to have spidey senses when I grabbed my daughter the moment she started to fall down the stairs the other day.

I don’t feel as shaky. I drink coffee and have always felt anxious so i get shaky (only where I see it) in those instances.

I can get little sleep and feel more rested than I did before. I can’t rave about the sleep aspect as much because I have to still wake every 2-3 hours for my child’s medical situation.

I’m learning things about myself and my emotions that I would drink away which has been enlightening. When I really analyze things I’m able to better cope or keep finding ways to deal. For example today I would have loved to grab a glass of wine before dinner because things were emotionally dragging and I’m stressed about other external plans. Instead I had to sit and realize my habit, the emotion and the why. Then I got up and took care of something that was bugging me that I could control. (That helped a lot).

I keep feeling so grateful for non-hungover monrnings or tormenting myself the morning after. Knowing that if I feel off or ill it’s not due to self fincliting drinking. I don’t have the anxious feelings that I’m drowning in loss of control over something.

Not having booze as an option has caused me to think more and be more present (even when I don’t want to be &#128521. I never regret anything right now because I’m making real decisions or saying real things that aren’t being fueled by a liquid that takes over.

I’m still feeling free and like I’m fighting away something that was bad for me. I hope that feeling sticks, I’m so scared of relapse. I want to get to that mentality that people say “I don’t even think about alcohol anymore”.

So far it’s been worth it, even on days or nights when I think maybe drinking this feeling away is better and more fun than sitting with it. It’s not easy, each day that isn’t a drinking day is cherished. It’s not always fun to have to reflect and act on something you know will take effort for change, especially if it’s a personal flaw. I’m keeping that I will continue to grow and have some self learning fun along the way. If I don’t stick with it, I will drink to become someone I don’t even know.