Notices

Need a drink

Old 03-09-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need a drink

I so need a drink tonite..nearly three weeks in ...no struggles . apart from now. 20 years drinking and I so want one now
Old 03-09-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What's going on?

You don't need a drink. That is just your addiction rolling on the floor kicking its feet and screaming like the powerless toddler it is.

Ignore it. It will run out of steam.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

One or one of many?
Your AV is fooling you. IT needs a drink so IT can destroy you. Don't let IT get what IT wants!
Old 03-09-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you posted here.

Whatever is going on, drinking will only make things worse.

Can you get out and walk or distance yourself from whatever is going on?
Old 03-09-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had an interview and I think I ballsed it up..thought I wud be great cos I was sober..but 20 years drinking as taken its toll..memory shite and I cudnt remember the basics..and now I wanna drink.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

What will happen if you don't drink?
Write it down on a sheet of paper.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I will get agitated and angry..and I will pick an argument with anyone...I wanna cry
I wanna curl up in a ball and cry..and I hate it
Old 03-09-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Don't make things worse. You did the best you could have done and you were sober. That's what counts! No matter what the outcome, you were sober! Let it all out. Cry if you need to. There is no shame. Get something to eat. But, don't drink alcohol.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Each interview prepares us for the next one.

Each interview gets you one step closer to a job.

I've screwed up interviews. It happens. You won't fix the memory with a drink, that much I know!
Old 03-09-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Three weeks is too much sober time to let go of over an interview. At least wait til you know the outcome otherwise it's just your imagination getting active and making worries where there are none.

I never wanted one drink anyhow. That's of no use to me. I always wanted to drink til I stepped away from who I am. I think you're too nice to keep doing that. The world needs you. Do something else this evening, in the moment.

Alcoholics like me have a lot to offer when we are sober, is what I tell myself - I'm squaring up to job interviews. I expect there'll be some tears when I have my first one. You can comfort me then!!!

Keep Going
Old 03-09-2018, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Fridays were always hard for me when I first quit drinking. Luckily, I saw my AV for what it was and when I woke up on Saturday morning, I was SO thankful to still be sober. I did anything I could to distract myself: workout, take a hot shower, get into comfy clothes and watch a good movie, eat something, read a book, journal...Don't throw 3 weeks away!!! You will regret it. It WILL get easier, the more time you have behind you.

Hang in!
CT
Old 03-09-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Being agitated isn't so bad. It's not a tickle, but it's not the end of the world.
I used to avoid my agitation, too. I didn't realize that hiding from my agitation was costing me the opportunity to find true happiness.

Someone recently told me it is biologically impossible to be both inquisitive and agitated at the same time. Ever wonder why you are agitated?
Old 03-09-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Every one is so nice...said with tears rolling down my face..gonna go for a drive and try and clear my head
Old 03-09-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good plan! Don't drive near the liquor store or the bar, though.

Head to a beach, a lake, some forest, and get out and enjoy nature.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammyjammy View Post
Every one is so nice...said with tears rolling down my face..gonna go for a drive and try and clear my head
Great decision!! You've worked hard to get where you're at. Think of how hard it was to get to where you are at. Please don't throw that away. Sorry about the interview going bad, but you'll have other interviews and will be more prepared next time. Don't let life's problems dictate your choices. You're stronger than that. John
Old 03-09-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please don't drink. It will just make things worse. Distract yourself and remember how good you'll feel waking up if you stay sober.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank to u all..been for a drive and had a cup of tea..agitated feelings subsiding now..I can't thank everyone enough for just being there to hold my hand through it..sounds silly but no one at home understands...how cud they? They can have a drink and not want to drink two bottles to get that same high that one glass used to do...I knew I had to stop when I was drinking a bottle of gin a day...tomorrow I will be so chuffed I didn't do it...and it only makes u stronger...cos next time u will be more prepared..so a big thanks to u all...such amazing and caring people that go out of your way to help others.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Phew you're home safe!
It's nights like this which build your sober muscles HJ. Yes they to come and that's why having a plan helps. Have that list of things that get you through an AV attack. It can be the silliest little things (I eat and have a nice hot shower) but if it works for you then hurrah!
You'll be extra proud and grateful for a hangover free morning tomorrow I bet!
Old 03-09-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you mad a good choice hammyjammy...maybe the interview went better than you thought - I hope so

D
Old 03-09-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great job getting through it! This is what I love to see, posting BEFORE the drink and taking advantage of the tremendous support here.