Notices

70 days an feeling low

Old 03-06-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

70 days an feeling low

70 days sober today ...
And when I was feeling on top of the world for weeks and weeks !!!
All I think about now is drinking
I dream about it ...
Is this normal to feel this way ???
I thought when I reached this far I would be ready to face the world
I know I'm still early days but for me 70 days is a Biggie as I couldn't even see myself going one day without Alcohol
I'm cranky all the time
No patience
Just wondering have you guys experienced any of this
Thanks guys
Caralara ❤️
Old 03-06-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
J50

I think it's important to remember that life in general is filled with ups and downs. Like Frank Sinatra sang, "you're riding high April, shot down in May." The lows are lower with alcohol. No way around it, but things will turn around. "But I know I'm gonna change my tune. When I'm back on top. Back on top in June." How do I know, well That's Life! You're doing great, keep it up!!
Old 03-06-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you j50 x
Old 03-06-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Caralara,
When I was previously sober for 18 months I had some rough patches, for the first 6 months and then it seemed to ease.I think if you are thinking of drinking all the time, you should watch a alcoholism documentary this should remind you why you should not drink, instead of romanticizing about why you should.Hope this makes sense it is the best advice that I can give from my experience in sobriety.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What you experienced is known as the "pink cloud" phase. The only way back is through the steps and service work. So join a home group and get a commitment to that group cause this makes you more than just a visitor to AA, and get a sponsor that is in the book. (by book I mean Big Book not the 12 and 12)

And yes I experienced it. Like it or not you have untreated alcoholism or you are in sob-dry-ity. Your anger will only be solved by learning and taking inventory and meditation.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Yes, I get that feeling to the extreem. It mostly causes me to drink when I just can't take anymore. It is my main trigger that cause me to binge. Then I start the whole rollarcoaster ride again. Been doing it for too many years. Be strong. Hope you can make it thru. Keep reminding yourself of your recovery plan.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 70 days!
Have you considered meditation or CBT techniques? There are loads of self help options out there. I am in a similar boat having to try and balance my emotions and life in general without my wine as my crutch.
Keep going! 🙂
Old 03-06-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

congratulations on 70 days! I am 21 months sober and I have hit rough patches every three or four months but they pass after a few weeks and I feel great again.

I also have noticed I don't realize when I am sick and think I am depressed or something and really I just have a bug and need to slow down and take care of myself.

Also if your dieting too hard it could be why your having problems too. I have also done that.