Notices

Sat waiting for shop to open

Old 02-18-2018, 10:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Keep coming back Jimmy. There is a lot of support, understanding and advice to be gained here. Many of us were stuck in that cycle until we took action to break it. It's as easy as not buying booze. But it's one of the toughest easy tasks to accomplish. You can do it and we will always be here to help you.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jimmy, it will take everything if you keep drinking.
Nobody gets away with it.
Please wake up.
All the best.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Samantha

Housework can wait. Clearly your sobriety needs to happen now.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jimmy - I hope you will soon be ready to get free of it.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jimmytherail View Post
I posted cos signing up to this forum was one of the first steps I have took to try and sort this out. I’ve also admitted my problems to close friends, some in more detail than others.
This has been going on few a few years now.
Thats a good start Jimmy but now you have to make the next step.

I know I shouldn’t be doing it, but I guess feeling hungover all the time, and bored, I just do it as ossosed to something like a day out.
Although on the plus side my house is now tidy and work uniform ready for tomorrow morning ��
There's lots of sober people here living non boring, full lives Jimmy.

You can rationalise it away as your equivalent of a day out, or your little pick me up, or your way to make your life less boring or get your uniform ready...

but the truth is that you're addicted.

You can get help from your doctor with the withdrawals if thats scaring you, you can also do things to change your boring life if you want, or find other rewards or help with the housework you have to do...

but you have to act.

You obviously signed up here for a reason. I think it's time to expend a little effort on not drinking, rather than drinking.

None of us can make you do something about your drinking - but I really really hope you will.

D
Old 02-18-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jimmy, I was in the exact same boat as you up until a week ago. Constantly binging on alcohol and coke. For me, they were always the ‘coffee and cigarettes’ of drugs, just seemed to complement each other so well.

The fact the that you’re posting on here strongly suggests to me that you know you need to get off this train sooner rather than later. I’m only a week in and my recovery is in a very precarious spot, but nothing will change if we don’t put in the effort my friend.

It’s going to be ****** I’m not going to lie, but we’ve all got to start somewhere. I think you know what you need to do.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pete6256 View Post
Jimmy, I was in the exact same boat as you up until a week ago. Constantly binging on alcohol and coke. For me, they were always the ‘coffee and cigarettes’ of drugs, just seemed to complement each other so well.

The fact the that you’re posting on here strongly suggests to me that you know you need to get off this train sooner rather than later. I’m only a week in and my recovery is in a very precarious spot, but nothing will change if we don’t put in the effort my friend.

It’s going to be ****** I’m not going to lie, but we’ve all got to start somewhere. I think you know what you need to do.
You know it. Think I smoked 40 fags over the last couple days and I don’t even really smoke.
I’m gonna look into meetings