Notices

Struggling

Old 02-16-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling

So here goes...I have never had a healthy relationship with alcohol and 3 years ago after landing myself in hospital after falling enough was enough, I completely stayed away from alcohol for nearly 3 years. This changed at Christmas when I thought it would be ‘safe’ and I could control having a drink, at first I could (I thought I could) but the past 4 weeks I have been signed off work due to bereavements in the family which has then led me to have more time in which I’ve begun drinking again, about 6-10 bottles of beer a day and twice I’ve had to have a drink in the morning to stop myself shaking and sweating, I’m basically here just to see if anyone can help me find the will power that I seem to have lost??
Old 02-16-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Shiv. Welcome to SR. You are in the right place. Sadly none of us can moderate, thats whats makes us alcoholics. If you have done 3 years you know how good it gets. Glad you have put the poison down again. Stay with us, keep posting here and reading posts, it all helps. Take care of yourself.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The good thing is you've already seen the downward trajectory. It's going to get worse, not better. It worked that way for me, too. I quit for many years, went back to it. At first I could moderate - actually for a few years I could moderate.

Then I couldn't. Just like before the first time I quit.

I hope you make today your Day One sober. You know you can do it, and you know it's sooo much better.

Welcome to the site.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Shiv86 welcome to SR I'm so happy you've found this wonderful site.
First of all I want to thank you for your post. You may not realise it but it's sharing like this that keeps us "babies" (I'm 6 months in) focussed on the fact that this is a life long commitment to ourselves. I can only imagine the remorse you're feeling ending up back in that horrible pit of addiction.
The thing is that it's exactly that self loathing that the addiction absolutely loves. Hate it for that. You've done it before and you can absolutely do it again!
Please immerse yourself in this wonderful place. Post often and there is so much to read too. I notice you've joined the Feb 18 class. Great! How about popping by the 24 hour thread too to commit each day to sobriety.
It only takes 1 day to start again. Then another. Then another......
Great to meet you xxx