Notices

worried my medication has been linked to 111 deaths

Old 01-16-2018, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

worried my medication has been linked to 111 deaths

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-c-drug-deaths

am sorry if this isnt ok but am on this medication am worried to take it after reading this actcle in the news i also take valium as well sometimes doing this has been linked to 111 deaths in england last year

i told my husband this the morning he not interested he says am panicking when am not am unsure what to do weather to take my medication this morning or what to do
would phone my drs but its too early in the morning to do that my husband dont seem to care ...
am unsure what to do
Old 01-16-2018, 10:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi GMS

to get a realistic perspective you'd have to know how many people are taking this drug - the article mentions 5.5 million scripts.

It also mentions its a misuse problem

those misusing pregabalin included people who took it on top of other drugs but also those who were prescribed it who, without talking to their doctor, then started taking a higher dose..
Definitely something to bring up with whoever prescribed it next time you see them, but if it was me, I wouldn't make any sudden changes without a Drs say so first.

D
Old 01-16-2018, 11:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i see my dr on the 25th of jan ill talk to her about it then i'll stay taken them until then at lest
Old 01-16-2018, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Definitely a doctor call.

Note that the deaths were nearly all when part of a cocktail including heroin and other opiates, as well as benzos.

Here in the US pregabalin and it’s sister gabapentin are often dispensed in inpatient rehab as an anti anxiety medication following a valium taper for alcohol detox. I’ve taken gabapentin in very high doses and never had any problems coming off of it.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are referencing an adult comic book, I've worked with journalists for many years on the major tabloids. If you are concerned talk to your medical practitioner to get some peace of mind.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

3,000 people died last year from aspirin Daily aspirin behind more than 3,000 deaths a year, study suggests

Moral of the story, stay off of doctor google, listen to your doc, and take your meds as prescribed.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Earth Child

edit

Last edited by ulfr; 01-17-2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: oops