Notices

Brave New World

Old 01-16-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
It's great to meet you, Mavie. You sound ready to reclaim your life and get free. We know you can!

I'd been drinking 30 yrs. when I came here. I didn't have anyone in my life who understood what I was going through. Talking things over here helped with my anxiety - I knew I never had to be alone with my problems & challenges again. Life will get so much better for you. We're glad you're here.
I'm in the exact same place. Others around me either drink, and do not have a "problem" or don't drink at all. I have felt judged from both sides (when I drank before, and since I have decided to stop drinking now) but I also know that this is my life and my choice. I can't control other people or their opinions of me. I can only keep pushing ahead.

This is Day 2. I can do this.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome, MaVie and congratulations on day 2 of a new life of freedom from alcohol! I am very glad you are here--this is a place where we 'get it;' it is hard to admit that we've been lowered to this dire point of utter enslavement to a chemical--it's embarrassing and humiliating----and liberating.
You can do this. Wishing you all the best on your sober journey.