Notices

Carol

Old 01-04-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Carol

Hey everyone ...it's day 9 and I feel pretty good ..the weight is falling of me ..🤣
I don't know how because I'm stuffing my face with chocolate an anything sweet
I finally have a clear head ....
In all honesty I'm doing this for my children
My hubby is a bully an sadly I have little or no support from him ...he was the cause of alot of my problems by name calling an put downs and I'd find myself crying over a bottle of wine ...or two .
Now I just walk out of the room ...no wine just sparkling water an a determined mind to get stronger every day

Much love to you all ..carol
Old 01-04-2018, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm also on day 9 and in the same husband situation as you xx
I'm doing this for my kids they need 100% mummy not mummy hungover ! Stay strong x
Old 01-04-2018, 05:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job to both of you! Nine days is fantastic. There are plenty of challenges yet to come, but you are through the worst of it!

I understand the rationale that you are doing this for your kids. Being a better dad for my kids was a huge motivating factor for me. Eventually - not now, but at some point - I would recommend that you change your perspective a bit and begin to view this as something that you are doing for yourself first and foremost. Remaining sober for me, and me alone, takes power and control away from every outside source and gives it to me. Only I can make the decision to give up my sobriety, and I'll be damned if I let that happen. Of course, me doing this for me still makes me a much better father to my kids and partner to my girlfriend. It's my opinion that long-term sobriety is better achieved if I am, first and foremost, doing this for myself.

Don't turn back now. So many people get to day 9 and they look back and convince themselves that they weren't so bad off or they have this beat or that quitting wasn't that hard or that Joe down the street drinks so much more than I used to drink, and so they go back to drinking only to come back here months later in an attempt to start over. Don't let that be you. Stay vigilant. Write a recovery plan. Start taking steps now to achieve long-term sobriety.

Awesome job to both of you! I know that you already know this, but I can verify that being a sober parent is so much better on so many levels.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It would be great if everyone has real life support but sadly thats not always the case - thats why it's great that places like SR (and other things like AA SMART or LifeRing) are around for real life support.

congrats on 9 days Carol and Strawberry

D
Old 01-04-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9days!!

As Dee said, get into some sort of recovery program. Not only do they provide support, they provide understanding and solutions to our specific problem. I pray you get sobriety and clarity. You will find out that no one and I mean no one can make me happy or miserable. My happiness is dependent on me and me alone. People can share your happiness which increases with the love. Bullies and angry people can't take your happiness away. In sobriety, I have found a way to create healthy boundaries with my loved ones that put the relationship into perspective for both parties. My mom is a big gossip, I told her that I don't want to engage in this behavior. Therefore, whenever I spend time with her I either walk away or ask her to change subjects. After 1.5 years, she respects this and stops herself now when she starts up.

Good luck
Old 01-04-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Caralara; you will find an abundance of support, understanding and encouragement here.

Well done on nine days of sobriety.

Stay close; lean on us; let us be one of your support systems.