Notices

Day 8 Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight?

Old 12-24-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight?

Admittedly I have been rather irritable today. I went to a meeting this morning, and I am glad I did... Christmas Eve is a tough one this early in. I usually drink wine while watching It's a Wonderful Life and finish getting everything ready for Christmas... it feels odd not to be drinking wine. I am not sure what to do with my hands. That sounds so silly.
And I feel bad for being short with my husband when he asks "whats wrong " and I have a million retorts but there's no point in starting an argument. He knows whats wrong. And he knows I know he knows whats wrong... so why patronize me?

Making cookies for Santa with the kids and then I'll probably head upstairs... I just need some sleep... after all... Tomorrow IS another day 😉
Happy Christmas Eve everyone.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Everything felt off when I stopped drinking. Habits can be broken, but we need to replace that habit with something else. Fill a glass with juice, seltzer, tea, water .. any beverage works. Find something you love and have it on hand. Soon that beverage will be your go-to drink.

My nerves were shot in early recovery. Be kind to yourself, you won't feel like this forever. It gets better, KG77. You're giving your children the most wonderful gift of all ... you.. sober and present.

Congratulations on 8 days!

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas KG

D
Old 12-25-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto!

Originally Posted by KG77 View Post
Admittedly I have been rather irritable today. I went to a meeting this morning, and I am glad I did... Christmas Eve is a tough one this early in. I usually drink wine while watching It's a Wonderful Life and finish getting everything ready for Christmas... it feels odd not to be drinking wine. I am not sure what to do with my hands. That sounds so silly.
And I feel bad for being short with my husband when he asks "whats wrong " and I have a million retorts but there's no point in starting an argument. He knows whats wrong. And he knows I know he knows whats wrong... so why patronize me?

Making cookies for Santa with the kids and then I'll probably head upstairs... I just need some sleep... after all... Tomorrow IS another day 😉
Happy Christmas Eve everyone.
I made it through the night! 26 days! I actually felt a real smile!
Old 12-25-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas KG! I wish you and your family all the best today. Have a good day
Old 12-25-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas KG! You're doing great.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, its early days and being irritable is pretty normal. Take it easy on yourself....that will make it easier to take it easy on others.

Oh you'll love this.....gratitude. I know, I know, but try it. Really get quiet and take a few moments (not hours or days) to find a few things to really be thankful for. Gratitude is the last thing I feel when I'm irritable. But it really helps....and it is a choice.

Hang in there. It gets better.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Merry Xmas KG!!