Notices

Feel like drinking

Old 11-29-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel like drinking

Today I had a bad day at work. I had to write up my employee who was being very disrespectful. I felt like she should have been fired but my boss said not to fire her yet. Which I understand that I need to have a replacement ready. Anyways my day sucked but I cant help but think about a nice drink right now. All I want to do is stop at the luquor store and buy a six pack and half pint.. instead i took that money amd decided to stop and have chinese food. So here i sit about to treat myself to dinner.. but still wanting that drink
Old 11-29-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't do it. I gave in last night and feel horrible for it. You made a good choice with the Chinese food...you may not feel like you want the drink so bad after you've eaten.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's all right to want a drink. If you're serious about recovery, it's not all right to have one.
What would a drink solve? You'll probably regret it tomorrow and go through all that and remorse.
I vote don't take those drinks. Nothing good is going to come of it if you do. And your problems are going to still be waiting for you tomorrow. Why not face them with a clear mind?
Old 11-29-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope not.. im chowing this food down as i type this lol.. what was your trigger last night?
Old 11-29-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonisherrell View Post
I hope not.. im chowing this food down as i type this lol.. what was your trigger last night?
Just cravings, plain and simple. They were pretty strong and in that moment, I didn't choose to come on here and get support, I wanted to drink. I'll be better prepared for next time it happens, though. I'm not giving up.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nice job on getting the food instead of the alcohol, and also for coming here to talk it through Toni.

Also remember that what we really "want" when we think about alcohol is the good parts without the consequences. But of course that can never happen...all the bad consequences come with the drink. So in a sense, when you "want" alcohol -that also means you "want" an hangover - and the shame that goes along with it - and all the other bad stuff. Doesn't make a lot of sense when you think of it that way, does it?
Old 11-29-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just got home and now laying across the bed smoking a cig.. i want to quit smoking also but something had to give.. ive cut down to smoking 2 to 3 cigs a day at least. Either way glad i bypassed the liquor store and drove home.. tough day.. but no matter what i cant drink. I cant drink. This is what i keep telling myself..
Old 11-29-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2/2016

Take a nice hot bath or walk around the block. just do not drink.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great choice, Chinese food!!! I love egg rolls and cream cheese won tons, if they were healthy I'd totally live off those 2 item!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job on not drinking and treating yourself to food instead. I feel your pain, I have had to write employees up before and it was no fun. But drinking isn’t going to make it better. With a clear head you will be better able to handle difficult situations in all aspects of your life.