Notices

Having severe panic attacks and was prescribed gabapentin

Old 10-31-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I would stay off of dr. google as it will tell you you're going to die by the end of the day if you sneeze :-p
Though gabapentin has many uses, including for anxiety and for alcohol cravings. It's non addictive and far safer than xanax. It sounds like it's working well for you, so I would keep going with it.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Waxfruit, I know your living situation is less than ideal, but can you just stay in your room and refuse to engage with them?

I had to just not even talk about anything of importance with my family. It was the only way for me to have any type relationship with them. There was no way I would share anything personal or important with them. They would just make fun of me or put me down. I just walked away when they would start with the "You"s, and closed the door.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
No experience to share waxfruit but I hope it continues to help.
Nothing wrong with being cautious either.

D
Dee!
The job offer just came in! Yessss! Yay!
Old 10-31-2017, 06:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats, waxfruit.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

bimi-
That's exactly what I've been doing.
There was a lot that happened a few years ago. My sister is in medical profession and looked up my medical history, which I know is illegal, and reported back to my parents what was going on, thus all this mess.
I certainly didn't want to hurt anyone but it's been two years now, longer actually, and no one has spoken to me. I'm okay with it.
You would think all three of my sisters that are in medicine would be a little more sympathetic, but they are not. I look forward to moving on.
My parents will be a harder to "let go" off. But moving looks like it's coming soon, as I just got the job offer!
On my way to the shelter. I'll be back shortly.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm so happy right now!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

YMMV.

I'd been taking low dose gabapentin for years to help me sleep. They put me on a megadose to help with withdrawals in rehab. It worked beautifully, and then they tapered me off of it. Now I take it as needed at night, usually just 300mg, and at most once a week. Never had any problems going on it or off of it.

If you're detoxing from Xanax and/or alcohol, please work with a doctor that specializes in addiction. Medication management is a tricky business and often has multiple moving parts, plus we're all different and react differently.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on the job offer waxfruit

D