Notices

Day 5. I feel like I got run over by a truck

Old 10-04-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5. I feel like I got run over by a truck

Last night was going perfectly for not drinking until the end of the night. I got in a little argument with my husband at work (we run a small business together) and someone was trolling our business google page and giving us bad fake reviews.
I was really upset and I couldn't concentrate at all. I started believing the troll and feeling like a big fake, like I didn't deserve my business, or my friends or anything. I could not see the point of continuing on my business or my life, let alone sobriety. My husband left early and I had to drive home myself and I figured why not stop??
But I didn't. I went home and cried instead and talked things out with him. Then I saw that google had taken down the fake review and my friends had filled up google with good reviews to counter-act the bad one. I felt better, we got Mcdonalds and binge watched a new show.
I still don't feel very good today, I think my depression is trying to get stronger to make me drink, if that makes sense? Like if it can't start it night it has to start first thing in the morning. That's what today feels like. I am committed to seeing day 6. Any number higher than that is too overwhelming to think about.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was much too sensitive in early days, too. Hang on, it gets better.

With that said, life is always going to throw stuff at you. Sobriety makes it much easier to deal with little (and big ) things.

Well done, not drinking! One victory at a time.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't do it ! I'm on day 5 as well, last night was rough. The worst cravings and irritability I've experienced so far. But, I woke up this morning feeling great and appreciative I stayed sober.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ohme View Post
Last night was going perfectly for not drinking until the end of the night. I got in a little argument with my husband at work (we run a small business together) and someone was trolling our business google page and giving us bad fake reviews.
I was really upset and I couldn't concentrate at all. I started believing the troll and feeling like a big fake, like I didn't deserve my business, or my friends or anything. I could not see the point of continuing on my business or my life, let alone sobriety. My husband left early and I had to drive home myself and I figured why not stop??
But I didn't. I went home and cried instead and talked things out with him. Then I saw that google had taken down the fake review and my friends had filled up google with good reviews to counter-act the bad one. I felt better, we got Mcdonalds and binge watched a new show.
I still don't feel very good today, I think my depression is trying to get stronger to make me drink, if that makes sense? Like if it can't start it night it has to start first thing in the morning. That's what today feels like. I am committed to seeing day 6. Any number higher than that is too overwhelming to think about.
Sounds like congrats are in order, not condemnation! You should be proud! You overcame your emotional feelings with a reasonably healthy behavior of MacDonalds, lol. That's what addiction is all about, overcoming helpless feelings (emotional state) with a more direct healthy behavior, that helps you regain control of how you, "Feel."

The main navigational tools in life are values and purpose. Determine what you really value in life and substitute those values with corrupted thinking.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

5 days is a great start. For many of us, our emotions are all over the board early on. My advice would be don't make any major or foolish decisions in early sobriety. Our minds are still adjusting and it can get kind of crazy.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got the business issue sorted out.

In my experience, the AV does kick up more a fuss when it realizes that it's losing. You're heading into Day 6 and your AV sees that you're really doing this, so it's speaking louder. But, things will get easier.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Depression was definitely a triggering factor driving all my drinking. It's crazy because the drinking made the depression severely worse. Hang in there, you're doing great!
Old 10-04-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through and stayed true ohme

D