Notices

Having a bad October

Old 10-02-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a bad October

Everything was going well for the last 6 months I was doing well. For some reason I have something in my gut that would not go away. I guess it was my addiction telling me to drink. I didn't feel like drinking but for some reason I knew it was that. After 5 hours it would not go away. I went out and drank 7 beers. Not a heavy not for me when I drink I go all in. 12 to 15 of beers. I woke up the next day. I feel better but after a few hours later that same thing came up again. I drank but it does not fix the problem. I don't understand why I have this feeling. I have it now and it will not go away. I call in sick. I'm nervous that it will not go away. 😭😉
Old 10-02-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Sounds like you're in a bit hole mate. Personally, the reason why you're drinking is something I call self-medication. Regardless, what plan do you have to make sure you're properly prepared to deal with this? I would strongly suggest looking up a meeting for starters. It doesn't cost a penny.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think many of experienced a similar pattern and found it quite baffling. Calling in sick to your employer must make you feel anxious and sad, I imagine. There are ways to fix this problem but they all require planning and support. You'll get lots of support here but I found face-to-face support made all the difference. What's in your plan to stop drinking?
Old 10-02-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

my Pop called it a Thirst that just would not leave him... he drank himself to death.. really.... Eddie Lee says its a tiny voice that then crawls into his tummy and screams at him.. at least now he knows what is happening.. and is a better communicator about how he feels.. and maybe why... prayers Dear Heart so many many prayers of hope that you too can find this balance.. Wisconsin..
Old 10-02-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi , sorry to hear you picked up . I hope by now you understand that for an alcoholic to take one drink the obsession and compulsion to keep drinking has taken over . Its not you its the addiction in you ,the alcoholism . Stop now and go back to day one .
Keep in touch .
Old 10-02-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I stop and wait for hours but it will not go away. My friend told me that I have a problem that I'm avoiding and if I don't deal with it then it would not do away.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your friend may be on to something. Have you spoken to anyone about this? A DR? AA?
Old 10-02-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rmeatgt350 View Post
Your friend may be on to something. Have you spoken to anyone about this? A DR? AA?
No I keep this to myself.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like you need some external help so well done for coming here to begin with.
Your friend is spot on as is some of the advice above. Why not try a meeting?

You don’t need to drink again that is the good news and you can stop this cycle of despair.
Going through the action of not drinking again will require some help for you based on your post.

All the help is available, you just need to take the action.

Hope you feel better soon
Old 10-02-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Call my friend to come over to stop me from drinking. 😭
Old 10-02-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stay close on here.
You will be so glad tomorrow that you didn’t drink.
Focus on that
Old 10-02-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhyNotNowMe View Post
I stop and wait for hours but it will not go away. My friend told me that I have a problem that I'm avoiding and if I don't deal with it then it would not do away.
We are both in exactly same place ..I’m nearly 6 months in and have not addressed a problem in my life which is causing a lot of issues - it’s making the whole sobriety a lot harder than it needs to be ..I very nearly caved in at weekend but got on here and saved myself

I don’t want to talk about the “problem” either as I don’t want to hear the truth and pain of sorting it ..that much I understand ..that in itself though is a step forward slightly ..baby steps sometimes ..
Old 10-02-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

did your business ever relocate to above a bar Why?

D
Old 10-03-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhyNotNowMe View Post
No I keep this to myself.
If I've learned anything at all from this is, in my experience, it would be a miracle to defeat this disease alone. I didn't want to talk to anyone either, I drank for years and NO ONE knew, no one, but after many, many attempts to stop on my own I finally realized I needed help. I've been getting it and it IS helping. I'm hardly out of the woods but I'd urge you to speak to someone.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

When things go rough, I think heading out to an AA meeting would be right up your alley.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
did your business ever relocate to above a bar Why?

D
Yea, the business is located above the bar. I went in to work on Friday and stop drinking Thursday. I think the only reason why I stop on Thursday was that there was only 3% alcohol beer and I think it didn't hit me and I stop around 4 pm. I went to the doctor on Tuesday to see why I'm acting this way but the doctor was a robot and couldn't tell me what I could do about this feeling. The feeling is going away but I have been trying to see what I can do this about. I'm looking into a therapist.

I went to work on Friday and gave manager my doctor note when I went Tuesday and told her that I had food poisoning. I did call in through the week telling them I had food poison and was throwing up. I know I should not lie about my work but my work doesn't need to know this problem I have and I need to deal with my problem with depressing and alcohol and not have this issue come up again.