Notices

Over 5 months and want a drink badly

Old 09-30-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Over 5 months and want a drink badly

Uh ..havnt felt like today for ages

Love to drink my problems away tonight,know not answer but least I get respite from my brain 😡
Old 09-30-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there.

I am eight and a half months sober and had a really bad night last night. In the end, I sat up late and drank about 5 cups of herbal tea and just rode it out. I feel tired today, but well hydrated. And am sober.

Do you need sugar? I know it's not a great habit to get into, but anything other than pick up a drink tonight.

If you're in England then I am too so we're in the same time zones. I will be around again to chat later if you like.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

please don't drink. you will regret it your problems will still be there and extra ones too togethe rwith guilt shame regret remorse and a hangover.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Shortrow

Just one of them days , I have one thing in my life not sorted and it’s a huge trigger - raised its ugly head again today,really need to sort it out

Yep in England and it’s true to my username tonight ..chucking it down ! 👎🏻
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi rainyengland, I'm in rainy wales.... please don't go near a drink, cravings usually don't last very long, distract yourself if you can.

Can you call a friend to talk about your problems? Anything you can/want to share. We're here for you...
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ride it out, just ride it out. Trust me when I say that you do not want to wake up hungover tomorrow with the knowledge that you drank after all this sober time. I did that last week and regret that decision more than I can put into words. I've had to deal with the withdrawal all over again, the brain fog is still there, I am mentally and emotionally in so much pain... you know the drill....

Can you talk about your problems here? Would that be an option? We are all here to listen and help. Really, I cannot hammer home enough how you do NOT NOT NOT want to drink. You can get through this. We can help you. Let us help you.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Okay Rainy this happens great that you've come here. Try anything and I mean ANYTHING else! Power walk, hot bath or shower, eat, go back and read your old posts or my go-to on terrible crave nights watch a documentary on end stage alcoholism. You can do this! Just for tonight think of it as literally just tonight. That seems to take the edge off too. Tomorrow you'll thank your lucky stars you made it I promise you.
Another Brit here too so if you need a vent or a bit of hand holding that makes at least 3 of us!

PS: hi Elke!
Old 09-30-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainyengland View Post
Uh ..havnt felt like today for ages

Love to drink my problems away tonight,know not answer but least I get respite from my brain 😡
I drank after nine months........wish I hadn't

Would love to still be on that path right now.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just to add to everyone else who has said talking things over might help.

I have been posting here, on my thread, once or twice a day over the past week. I've had a really, really hard week. I haven't been able to get to extra meetings - or even my usual ones - and that's been tough too. I've been feeling really lonely. But posting here and rambling on a bit has helped.

It has also helped to baby myself a bit. I know that we alcoholics tend to feel a lot of guilt and shame and to punish ourselves, and the only treat we give ourselves is an addictive poison. I've been trying really hard this week to give myself treats: nice things to eat, carefully prepared meals, clean sheets on the bed. Am about to get into a bath with a good book. I know it sounds a bit daft, but perhaps try to imagine that this suffering part of you is someone else, someone you really love, and someone who you can cherish a little bit tonight?
Old 09-30-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I tried to drink my sadness away. My cat died and I went right for the beer. I am so sick right now. I wished I had never drank that first one. It only lead to more and more. What is wrong with me! Will I ever learn.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just want to send you both some love and support rainyengland and chloerose. I'm just figuring this stuff out and am almost at one month. Both your posts have helped me remain positive about my sobriety. Please don't give up.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can quiet your brain another way. Maybe watch a movie or read for awhile. I hope you feel better.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
I tried to drink my sadness away. My cat died and I went right for the beer. I am so sick right now. I wished I had never drank that first one. It only lead to more and more. What is wrong with me! Will I ever learn.
(((Chloerose))) maybe talk it through with the 24ers? Take care sweetie xxx
Old 09-30-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How are you feeling now Rainy?
Old 09-30-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hope you are getting through it Rainy.
Support to you.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainyengland View Post
Thanks Shortrow

Just one of them days , I have one thing in my life not sorted and it’s a huge trigger - raised its ugly head again today,really need to sort it out

Yep in England and it’s true to my username tonight ..chucking it down ! 👎🏻
What's the one thing?

Reading that is making me realize that there will always be some unfinished business. Somethings that will never be sorted. The relationship that was never saved.

My so called "father" is on his deathbed and when I went back home I decided not to visit (I'm not the only one). Either way probably would lead to self doubt and unfinished business anyway...

it is what it is
Old 09-30-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you made a good choice Rainy. There's nothing so bad a drink won;t make worse.

D
Old 10-01-2017, 12:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thinking of you this morning, I hope you had a sober evening.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning Rainy. How are you doing this morning?
Old 10-01-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi

All good today,watched some trash tv with wife and slept really well,sobriety intact :-)

The compulsion to drink yesterday was really strong and hit really hard from nowhere ..it was a instant thought ..go grab couple bottles , you deserve it and will be ok

So glad I posted here and got all your help - thank you everyone

As for the trigger , I know what I need to do and will take the action to sort it from today ..gone on long enough and without addressing it I’m always going to have a battle and not find peace

Hope everyone has a good day :-) - thank you again