Notices

Nova's Sober Holiday Journal 🌞🌞🌞

Old 10-05-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 4

Another relaxing sober day in Menorca...sun, swimming, reading and siestas. Enjoyed a mocktail before dinner in the harbour...whilst trying to ignore the large glasses of red that the couple next to us were drinking...had to play the tape forward and remind myself of the hell and destruction those glasses contained. Im booked in for a Volcanic Stone massage tomorrow...its my favourite massage...the hot stones literally melt away the stress and tension in the muscles.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sounds fab. Well done for playing the tape forward.
Enjoy your massage.
Hugs xx
Old 10-06-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 5

Just had the most amazing Volcanic Hot Stone massage at the spa...I have no idea how many times I feel asleep!!!!! Feeling very relaxed.

We've decided to have a night in and order room service instead of getting ready and going out for dinner. It's reassuring to know I won't have to be around alcohol or watch people drinking tonight...I hope there comes a time where I can see a large glass of red or a flute glass of prosecco and not have the automatic thought of "I want one" before having to remind myself of all the reasons I really don't...I'd like to see them and nothing to register for me...not sure that time ever comes if you've had an issue with alcohol???
Old 10-06-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't usually register alcohol anymore Nova, or if I do it's in a disinterested kind of way.

I think having a sober life you love helps a lot

D
Old 10-07-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't usually register alcohol anymore Nova, or if I do it's in a disinterested kind of way.

I think having a sober life you love helps a lot

D
Thanks Dee...thats really good to know x
Old 10-07-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 6

Today was a particularly enjoyable day. We had a wonderful tapas lunch at the harbour in the sun...watching the fishing boats and the activities of harbour life. There was a children's sailing club practicing outside our balcony on the water...it was really interesting to watch them sail and manoeuvre their boats just using a sail and a rudder...the kids had no fear!!!! Watched my first moon rise this evening...stunning...whilst enjoying a virgin cocktail in a chilled out water front bar that we stumbled upon. A great sober day. Had lots of laughs with my husband 💜
Old 10-08-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 7

We fly home tomorrow night so today is our last full day of our holiday. I had a day of sunning and swimming in the pool planned but the weather forecast was off and it wasn't the weather for it. Hopefully I'll get a last chance to swim in the pool tomorrow. So instead we had lunch in the harbour again a lazy afternoon in the room which included a few hours of siesta'ering. Although it wasn't what I'd planned I think the universe was working to give me what I 'needed' as the last couple of months have been extremely stressful and busy at work and I 'need' to make the most of this opportunity to rest.

We have agreed not to discuss it being time to go home or to start packing until 4pm tomorrow to ensure that we make the most of the day we have...previously I'd have written the day off as the holiday was coming to an end. I will not be doing that this time. Its a full 22 hours until we are taken to the airport so I intend to spend them "on holiday' 😊
Old 10-08-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Have a fabulous last evening and day tomorrow. You've done brilliantly staying sober and are an inspiration to all of us with holidays coming up.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Have a fabulous last evening and day tomorrow. You've done brilliantly staying sober and are an inspiration to all of us with holidays coming up.
Thank you so much ReadyAtLast...means a lot 💜 I have to say it was tougher than I thought it would be over 130 days in...but I made it through and I have lots of enjoyable sober memories of a wonderful holiday to head home with 😊
Old 10-08-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a fantastic holiday Nova - thnak you for sharing

D
Old 10-08-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You did great Nova! Thanks for sharing your holiday with us. I can relate to the tough moments, but aren't you glad you stayed sober and really got that rest and relaxation your needed. Plus all of these wonderful memories you will never forget. Great stuff. Enjoy your last few hours!
Old 10-09-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your supportive messages peeps. It's a beautifully sunny day and I am currently pool side enjoying our last few hours. See you all on the others side 💜
Old 10-09-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've had a brilliant time Nova! Enjoy your last few hours and have a safe trip home xxx