Notices

Day 1 pain......

Old 09-27-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 pain......

But not for me!! I had to spend an overnight out for work. I met one of my co workers at a restaurant/bar for dinner. He was sitting at the bar well into several beers by the time I arrived. But this isn't about the evening. It's about the early start time this morning and the reminder of what a Day 1 looks like. The agony and pain of the hangover was all over his face and in his eyes. I felt fine, even if it wasn't the greatest night sleep. I continue to find reminders that choosing sobriety is choosing correctly, leaving alcohol out of every day. Even if I could drink normal, at this point I can recognize many reasons to not drink at all.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Iam picturing myself, just now in your friends position. That horrible morning feeling. Acidic eyes, tiredness, improper balance, reluctance to do anything.

Phew, glad Iam not there.

Good to hear your not giving up!
Old 09-28-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I kept thinking, tomorrow is going to be so horrible and we are visiting a major customer. It was lemonade at the bar for me. Anyone who glanced at me with wonder or judgement, looked at me with blurry, red impaired eyes, trying to create a thought in that alcohol induced mental fog. I knew I was getting the better deal.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's a good reminder, isn't it? I'm about to leave for a week-long business trip, one that used to be alcohol focused, and full of hangovers and pain.

Flying with a hangover? The worst. Waking up in a hotel room and not knowing what is going on? Guzzling water from the bathroom sink, forcing greasy food down my throat, so I don't get sick later, covering myself with baby powder to keep from sweating and hopefully smelling.

Good lord...just typing that made me sad with bad memories, but so happy to be free! Now I get up early and go to the gym, and meet coworkers in the lobby with no regrets.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Exactly, no regrets, no shame, no foggy head, it really is so much better, especially after a good workout.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

But you gotta miss teeth itching and hair hurting! It is so strange after that stuff does all those things to you, I still have brief thoughts about drinking sometimes!
Old 09-28-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lol! Yep I miss those moments and the mornings when I can't remember what I did or said. Where I'm so dehydrated that both my mouth and eyes are dried shut and feel like sand is in both. Wow! The more I think about it the happier I am with today!